500 Milers

Guest MikeLB

Guest dodgydaz

i've been told to get some british faroes strain from louella if i want to fly extreme distances, or to try and get some birds off top scottish national flyers, not managed to get any yet like

raymond moleveld top birds

been buying them in m8, kept most for stock raced 4 yearlings out, which were only trained as youngsters, not been on the sheet but there, got a good team this year of young ins to fly,now i have enough stock,

• 1 month later...
Guest bakes

whats wrong with the good old busshaerts they been tested and are still scoreing out to these distance and further on

jos thones winning world wide from sprint to long distances

stickbaks good hard strain that like the distances

kirpatricks another old strain that been tested and still about today scoreing the list goes on and on

569 miles is the furhtest our club fly,this year a pigeon bred for sprinting won the race from bourges so im clueless on this sorry :rolleyes:

someone forgot to tell the pigeon it was a sprinter :)

Guest bakes

not sure of the best .i have added florizone birds to my mix any information appreciated

roger Florizoone lines originate from the old van hee blood gaz m8

Guest bakes

Roger Florezoone

Roger Florizoone of Nieuwpoort, Belgium, was one of the greatest exponents of the art and science of long distance and marathon pigeon racing in our modern era. In fact so successful was he, especially from Barcelona, that the fancy dubbed him 'Mr.Barcelona'. Alas our subject passed away on December the 4th in 2004 and the gems of his pigeons were sold at public auction in May 2005, with each bird averaging 2,350 Euros each.

Florizoones base came from quite a few sources but always of the best quality for he had no time for quantity. Amongst them we note a few such as Georges Bolle, Robert Venus, Vanhee and Paul Bostijn, etc,. The stock was carefully crossed and prudently tested. Simplicity was his trade mark and his charges rewarded his excellent management.

Perhaps his greatest thrill was his winning of the Barcelona National and International in 1976 with his good blue bar- Freddy. This was an outstanding specimen of our thoroughbreds for he had a previous success at the Spanish race when he was 5th International. Freddy carried the bloodlines of the great Benoni and the equally great Motta of Bostijn and Vanhee respectively. He also harboured Super Crack Grusson and Huijsentruyt genes as well.

Other successes included winning the National from Barcelona in 1999 as well as twice being winner of the West Europe Super Marathon in 1997 and 1999. The loft won the Golden Wing Award in 1984 from Barcelona and also was awarded 1st National Long Distance Champion title of Belgium (KBDB) as well as the Primus 1994 Five Year Ranking Barcelona. In addition Florizoone won the 2nd National Marathon title in 1995 plus the Super Prestige Championship in the same year. These are but an example of the successes of this grand master of the sport but they suffice to confirm the many accolades bestowed upon the late Roger Florizoone

To help the 500 milers and maybe shorter Races-to help the pigeons respiratory - give them 1/2 Delta Albaplex tablet for 3 days before shipping.

yes they cost a lot.

I have just had a quick google and notice the above contain a derivative of hydrocortisone, (Prednisolone).

Would this not lead to a positive drug test?

Guest challengerlofts

Busschaert, still do the job. Mr. Peter Forber (our club President), he was 3rd last 10-07-10, Burtonwood H.S. Niort race. ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest challengerlofts

Your thoughts on todays best strains/families for 500 miles + in the UK.

I would say, also Jan Huybrechts. It's my new stock bird. As a yearling, this year 3rd place from Niort, France 504 mlies race. :)