Looking For Advice

Well ideally I want to race them I won't have a prob getting young ones to start with as I know a few people just now but I feel like I'm pestering them lol and most have them have 30 ft lofts and bigger so I can really compare my ten by six loft to there's if you had a ten by six how would you set it out mate any advice will be much appreciated

Hi, None the fanciers you know will consider you a pest. They will be only to happy to give you all the help and advice you need. The number of fanciers in the sport is in decline so nearly all fanciers will do what they can to encourage and help newcomers to the sport. With out newcomers in a few years they will have no one to race against.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bakes

Hi, None the fanciers you know will consider you a pest. They will be only to happy to give you all the help and advice you need. The number of fanciers in the sport is in decline so nearly all fanciers will do what they can to encourage and help newcomers to the sport. With out newcomers in a few years they will have no one to race against.

spot on :)

Yeah mate that would be great although I dead busy trying to build this loft as quick as possible. I've herd quite a few good things about jim he's a true gentlemen as well.

What club is it I can join??

blantyre have a club mate or my club burnbank

we are a well run club with some friendly members we basket at fairhill hamilton

blantyre club mark at the top of stonefield rd at the football parks where the big loft compound is

Good stuff who do I see about joining then

write a wee note saying you would like to join name address drop it through my door i will pass it to my secretary

we have a meeting (just a formality) we except you as a new member

dead easy it racing them that is the hard part

we have three new members join us this year to race youngbirds in august 2010

Awrite mate how you doing how's the car. Finally started to build my loft shouldn't be to long now just seems there is so much to learn a wee bit daunting lol

geo if you need a hand or anything with the loft just gies a phone mate am not too far away from you ;) car is going well :D :D

Good to here it mate. Well I've got the frame up all I need to do is find a cheap supplier of sheets of wood and I can get them orderd up what would you say the best wood for the job is

all depends on how cheap you can get the sheets mate ;)

Good to here it mate. Well I've got the frame up all I need to do is find a cheap supplier of sheets of wood and I can get them orderd up what would you say the best wood for the job is

i've a good friend who has his loft made out of pvc boards and they look just like weatherboard and will last for ever

Guest shadow

you need to check the deeds to you property it may not say excludes pigeons but may say poultry and as far as planning depts go they class pigeons as poultry in most areas youneed to be asking locally for advice because the council will still have an input even if the house is privately owned, good luck its a minefield tryin to get anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

just want to say thanks to jimmy white collected a sputnick of him the day an absolute gentlemen of a man well worth the 120 mile round trip

120 MLS :blink: :blink: :blink: DID YOU GO VIA CARLISLE :P;):D :D

Naw lol but took the wrong junction and ended oveer the forth road bridge don't know how the hell I managed it but I got home after 1hr and 20 mins its was a gd trip spent a hour and a half chatting about racing etc was excellant ill have to visit more lofts