New Site Layout

pjc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peter4pm

im with you alf..the layout is mince mate ..i can see me not coming on much now ...why to ppl insist on changing somthing thats not broken in the first place is beyond me...

im with you alf..the layout is mince mate ..i can see me not coming on much now ...why to ppl insist on changing somthing thats not broken in the first place is beyond me...

the software was crashing and pm system was constantly going down also loosing members names and posts , thats why the site was moved it certainly werent perfect and agree this one is not as easy to use but given time it gets easier :) so old site was broken , this site will solve the problems that existed before :) however them problems arent a problem on here :)

Guest peter4pm

i understand what your saying , but would it not have been better too try and keep it as close to the old style layout as was possible ,,instead of a complete change ..it looks rather drap and none proffesional now ...like one of those free forums you get ...just my thoughts ...not knocking your time and effort to supply a good forum and stuff ...but the layout is really poor now ...

Changing the whole layout is a pretty huge remit.

If you want to list some specific problems, and some thoughts on improvements we can see what we can do :)

WELL HAVING THE LATEST 6 THREADS OR SO AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE WOULD BE A GREAT START RICHARD AS IT WAS 1 OF THE BEST THINGS THAT HAPPENED ON THE OLD SITE :)

Have to agree with the dissenters, nothing about the new layout has improved or made it easier to find my way around. Canny find messages, why the icon was removed from the top of the page i'll never understand. After a fortnight i was expecting a vastly improved and much more User friendly site than what we had. I've been disappointed on both scores!!

NOT SURE ABOUT ANYBODY ELSE BUT THE NEW SITE LAYOUT ISNAE TO MY LIKING AS IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND THINGS AND FOLLOW THREADS AND LOOKING AT WHAT IS BEING POSTED ON OTHER SITES AM NOT ALONE IN MY VEIW :( SO MY QUESTION IS WILL THIS BE THE FORMAT FOR THE SITE FROM NOW ON OR WILL IT BE CHANGED???

ALAN

Your right about that, no where near as good as the old forum and this new one is a bit like pigeonchat,s only theres is a bit easier to get around

Guest WINGS 04

This new site is p;(h I stopped going on pchat as it was the same this is the first time I have seen a silk purs being mead in to a souws ear

Guest strapper

on the old set up i was here all the time..im afraid ill be spending most of my time now on other sites(as i find other sites easier to use),its a shame as i much preffered pigeonbasics to others.

i will of course pop in from time to time.

my personal opinion..the site now is not in the way as basic or user friendly ,and i can see members unfortunately spending more time on other sites,which isnt i dont think what this site needs to happen.

the whole layout is not what i thought it would be,im sorry but its not for me .

another thing..the site will be hard for new members to navigate around the site .

the other set up may have had its problems ,but this new layout have created new problems.

im not in anyway knocking all the work that has gone into changing the site....im sure its been a lot of hours on it.

on the old set up i was here all the time..im afraid ill be spending most of my time now on other sites(as i find other sites easier to use),its a shame as i much preffered pigeonbasics to others.

i will of course pop in from time to time.

my personal opinion..the site now is not in the way as basic or user friendly ,and i can see members unfortunately spending more time on other sites,which isnt i dont think what this site needs to happen.

the whole layout is not what i thought it would be,im sorry but its not for me .

another thing..the site will be hard for new members to navigate around the site .

the other set up may have had its problems ,but this new layout have created new problems.

im not in anyway knocking all the work that has gone into changing the site....im sure its been a lot of hours on it.

must agree, not to impressed