libs. 2/sep

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gareth Rankin
as far as i have heard at 20.00 their are no pigeons recorded in the Midland fed from Leyland in race time, :( :( :( :( :( :( unbeleiveable

one pigeon recorded to Max gray at 19.58

Guest Gareth Rankin

Jimmy from what i heard their is approx 1,000 pigeons flying 160 miles.

I cannot remember a race as bad as this in the history of pigeon racing in scotland.

Guest Gareth Rankin

I cannot remember a race as bad as this in the history of pigeon racing in scotland.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

MY GOODNESS THATS QUITE UNBELEIVABLE THE FANCIERS MUST BE FUMING, IN FACT ITS REALLY HARD TO TAKE IN, IM TRYING TO THINK BACK , BUT CAN NEVER REMEMBER ONE WORSE THAN THAT, [AND CAN REMEMBER A FEW BAD ONES] , WHAT A BLINKEN SHAME FOR THOSE YBS, IT DOESNT BARE THINKING OF WHATLL HAPPEN TO A LOT OF THESE YBS, REALLY SORRY FOR THE FANCIERS CONCERNED.

Guest TAMMY_1

SCOTCH CORNER 5TH AUGUST RINGS A BELL WHERE A WEEK AFTER THE BIRDAGE DROPPED BY 5,200

Guest stevie-b

how come there are always people who want to judge after the event it is also the fanciers job to check the weather and if they are in any doubt then they shouldnt send ive got 5 out of my six pigeons home and the one thats missing came late and obviously just doesna have it i see people breeding more youngsters every year to try to combat losses but they still breed out the same pigeons that they lost all there youngsters out of in previous years i just hate when fanciers jump up on to there pedastal and critisice but when it comes to the agm they dont put there hands up to take the job there is not a controller in any fed combine or national that has had anfair critisicim these guy work tirelisley to make sure we have good racing and also are fanciers whos own pigeons are in that convoy im pretty sure they dont want to loss there pigeons

Any word from westy i heard it was a disaster through the grape vine

4 missing not so bad it took them 10 mins to drop due to the wind driver will not be here next year due to a new transporter as he will not be legal to drive it. at the end of the day its his job to hold over if the weather is not rigth.

Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS

THE CORNISH COMBINE BIRDS HAD TO BE BROUGHT BACK FROM YELVERTON (22-69 MILE IN THE COMBINE) BECAUSE THEY GOT WET ON THE LORRY AND COULD NOT FLY AT ALL SO WE WERNT HAPPY

Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS

4 missing not so bad it took them 10 mins to drop due to the wind driver will not be here next year due to a new transporter as he will not be legal to drive it. at the end of the day its his job to hold over if the weather is not rigth.

THAT IS TRUE WE GET A NEW LORRY NEXT YEAR SO OUR DRIVER AT THE DONT HAVE TO DRIVE THEM AS THE DONT NEEDA HGV LICENCE FOR IT

What do you make of this ? Dorset Fed birds were at Littlehampton, held over Saturday which was fair enough because the weather was atrocious. But on Sunday everyone knew from the forecast that it would clear around lunchtime and as it is only a 70 mile fly along the coast we expected a pm lib. So what do they do - bring them back. We were told they were going to be liberated at 3 pm at Poole - where the majority of Fed members live -although ours have another 20 miles to fly home. Some time before 3 we get nine of our ten together and the other one returns about an hour later. Surely questions must be asked as to why there was no race. I suppose at least we got them all back to race another day unlike the unfortunate Scottish lads.  

Hi folks, Derek Hay from the Midland fed here. The race at the weekend was a total wipeout. I have never known anything like it in my 30+ years in the game. I have 11 from 33 sent and I have by far the best returns in the area. My first bird came at noon on the second day and it was probably the second bird home from the convoy. Max Gray timed the only bird on the day vel.364 ypm

how come there are always people who want to judge after the event it is also the fanciers job to check the weather and if they are in any doubt then they shouldnt send.

I HAVE ONLY JUST COME ACROSS THIS POSTING AND I JUST CANT BELIEVE WHAT I AM READING,TO ME IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER FORCAST IS I WILL ALLWAYS SEND MY BIRDS AS I EXPECT THEM TO BE LOOKED AFTER BYE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYED TO DO THE JOB,IT IS NOT MY RESPONSABILITY NOT TO SEND JUST BECAUSE THE WEATHER FORCAST SAYS IT ,S GOING TO BE BAD,HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE BEEN TOLD THIS AND THEN IT,S TURNED OUT TO BE A GOOD DAY.TO ME THE RACE CONTROLLER (WHO I KNOW MIGHT NOT BE PAYED TO DO THE JOB)AND THE PEOPLE ON THE TRANSPORTER ARE THE ONES WHO LIBERATE THE PIGEONS AND IF THEY DO THAT IN BAD CONDITIONS HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT THE FANCIERS SHOUDN,T JUDGE THEIR ACTION,S.AND BEFORE YOU SAY I,M ONE OF THE ONE,S WHO DOESN,T DO ANYTHING BUT MOAN AFTER THE AVENT I HAVE BEEN CLUB SEC FOR APPROX 30  YEARS,TREASURER,FED OFFICIAL,CLOCK SETTER FOR THE CLUB AND FOR THE NATIONALS,RING SECRETARY AND STILL HOLD ALL THESE POSITION,S.