libs. 2/sep

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest speckled
:o Well ;pigeon man if yelverton have held them i think yours will as well, spoke to  someone about 2 mins ago in wincanton the weather there  his horrid sorry to disapoint ya but looks like thay might be held. :o :o Speck

Guest Gareth Rankin
Am I right in saying the Midland fed liberated from Leyland this morning , pure suicide, the weather here was attrocious even for the ducks.......

yes Chris They where lib at 06.45 :o :o :o and as 18.00 no pigeons have been recorded ? >:( :( :(

weather in south cumbria heavy rain all day frm 7am  flooding in most areas sever flood warnings pigeons have to come through furness from leyland 45 miles from me

jim

Its about time all this convoyer lot was looked into, our Fed has a guy doing the job that by his own admission knows nothing at all about pigeons and by what i can read here he isnt the only one. The people that liberated from Frome at 1.30 really need prosecuting under the cruelty to animals act, as that cant be classed as anything less. Only last week a friend of mine that lives near Frome went down to the lib site to video the liberation of our fed, unfortunatly i gave her the old lib site of the show field, which we have now discovered has been moved to the army camp.(been out of the racing game since 2000 and it shows lol) On trying to find the new site found herself following our fed lorry along the main A361, so just to prove to me she had been looking, took a picture on her mobile phone. This weekend she is up here in Hereford visiting and came to the club with myself and my son, when the convoyer turned up and the crates were being loaded we told him of this and showed him the picture and asked where they are liberated from now, so in future she will be able to do john (my son) a video of the liberation, on seeing the picture he laughed and said "if you had pointed that bl**dy thing up there", pointing to the sky said, " you would have seen the silly little buggers still flying round", now the pic was taken at 8.38 am and the lib was at 7.45, now we had a poor race, returns were good but very slow and spaced out. pics of the cloud cover at the time prove that it wasnt really very good for a lib and an hour or two's patience would have seen an excelent job done, it just seems to me that this chap and many others just want to pick up the money and run, which when the job involves the welfare of living creatures to me is just not on! I think it would be better to pay an extra pound or two a week to get a better job done as there are 22 races in our program and feel it would be cheaper to do that rather than risk throwing away birds that are individually worth more than the extra cost that would involve for the whole season. Honestly i cant believe the amatures that are at the very heart of this game now, its beyond sad, its pure madness!