ETS

THE FIFER

Tammy with the other products as you say we have freedom of choice to shop around,but like you i feel we wont get the same choice with the rings,they wont come down in price, even when the demand is there because as u rightly say this is a big goldmine with a long gold seam, put the systems out at a good price but screw us with the rings what a profit these companys are going to make

friendsloft

If I may break in here for a moment......

When I started with Et's in 1997 we, over here paid almost double what they are charging everyone now. We are charged about the same as you are over there now but we have found that if you buy in volume (ie: clubs - combines) you will get them for a cheaper rate thereby passing on the savings to the members. What has been said about loosing them,,, we don't put them on and register the Young birds till the week before their first race.

Another aspect is the clubs don't have to buy as many rubber countermarks as the Et flyers are using the same ones every week for as long as the birds are racing (1-5 years?). Definate savings at club/combine levels and who saves in the long run.......the members.

Thats the way I have seen it progress over here in North America.

Just my thoughts.

I beleive they are working on this at present (a permanent ring) but I have noticed a few rings stop working over time(?). No one has ever explained why this happens but atleast right now we just change the Et ring and re-register the bird. I'm a firm beleiver that over time it can only get better.

Apparently there is a squabble going on amongst the suppliers about not letting anyone use any other band for a particular clock except the bands made by themselves. As usual with anything new they will get together eventually(?) and things will get easier as the Unions will start to dictate to them what the members want in their programs. If they want the business they will have to comply.

They would have to make the permanent ring slightly broader to accomodate some kind of barcode which could be scanned over the time piece, anything is poss, but i wouldnt hold out much hope,ets companys will say not feesable

friendsloft

yes but the unions belong to the members and if the members insist then iy could come off, if it is possible, if they want their clocks going they will come and go a bit surely, if ur at blackpool we should all put this too them at their stalls regarding the price of rings, i will,

They would have to make the permanent ring slightly broader to accomodate some kind of barcode which could be scanned over the time piece, anything is poss, but i wouldnt hold out much hope,ets companys will say not feesable

friendsloft

APPARENTLY THEY ARE DEVELOPING A CHIP THAT CAN BE INSERTED INTO THE RPRA-SHU RING SO YOU DONT NEED ANYTHING ELSE ;) ;)

ONLY KNOW THIS COZ DOUGIE BALD(THE UNIKON AGENT FOR SCOTLAND) TOLD US ABOUT IT ABOUT A MONTH AGO ;) ;) ;)

PS... I THINK YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY THE RINGS WITH THE CHIP ALREADY INSERTED BOT GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH THEY WILL CHARGE :-/ :-/

APPARENTLY THEY ARE DEVELOPING A CHIP THAT CAN BE INSERTED INTO THE RPRA-SHU RING SO YOU DONT NEED ANYTHING ELSE ;) ;)

ONLY KNOW THIS COZ DOUGIE BALD(THE UNIKON AGENT FOR SCOTLAND) TOLD US ABOUT IT ABOUT A MONTH AGO ;) ;) ;)

yes i was talking to dougie a while ago, he is a genuine man will help if possible, i think this would solve a lot of problems, and this is one of the ways to get to know them by postings, and keep it going as it is now ,good debates, keep it up,

yes i was talking to dougie a while ago, he is a genuine man will help if possible, i think this would solve a lot of problems, and this is one of the ways to get to know them by postings, and keep it going as it is now ,good debates, keep it up,

WE'LL JUST NEED TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE PRICE OF THE CHIPPED RINGS ARE COZ DOUGIE OBVIOUSLY COULD'NT TELL US

I know the price of the ETS ring is one of the main reasons that fanciers are put off by using the systems.

The thing I always say is that I value every single bird in my loft greater than the £1.20 a ring costs.

Going on the basis that I lost very few birds last season, I'm in the fortunate position that I won't have to purchase "one" single ETS ring for the 2007 season.

So you could be lucky enough not having to buy new rings every year.

Certainly from conversations that I've had in the past with the TauRIS reps, the work is well under way to have just one single yearly ring that will come already fitted with the special chips.

This has to be the way forward for the sport, especially now that there are more and more fanciers using ETS.

Having used ETS for a full season I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to switch back to my STB...............everyone to their own, that's what I say.

Roundo.

there will always be differing opinions on ets systems but a a user of the sytem i think it the best thing since sliced bread!

the rings could be an off put, but if some fanciers during the off season just stopped for one minute before buying pigeons they do not really need at auctions etc. then there is your answer

just a thought guys

i believe ets is a god send for disabled or elderly fanciers,the rest of us shouldnt be so lazy lol get in that loft and catch ur bird and be satisfied with clocking ur birds in the most equal way to others...ets will gain 20secs per trap for those using it over catching ur bird.i think this row over ets will continue for some time in racing.

and this poll on here shouldnt indicate wot  the true feeling of wot fanciers want..after all we are but a handful of fanciers in the uk...paul :)

ETS is a the moment a personal option paid for by the fanciers who want it, if the move is to a chipped ID ring then we are to a certain extent making it compulsory ,as fanciers who don't have ETS (as a personal choice) will have to purchase the chipped ID rings for their younsters.

As I have said before the cost of the systems will drop as soon as a second-hand market develops. Look at the T3, they were owned by a privileged few when they first came out and seemed very expensive to buy. Now they are commonplace in the fancy.

As it is at the moment I wouldn't  purchase ETS but I said that about the T3 and I now own two.

Have been told today that our working week is changing to include saterdays.

leaving me with three choices.

1, rap in.

2, change jobs  ( not easy )

3, ETS.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO  ??????.

RAY

Why should they drop ... nowt ever has... especially in past - times / sports etc. Think you live in cchou land Mick. It is no more than a sweetener, and will soon be forgotten. Whay haven't other countries expeirenced a drop when more bought... instead of a stead and regular price increase. Drop my aunt... pants more like to the silvery moon lol.

I wasn't talking about the rings Roland,they're consumables, I was talking about the actual sytems.

The only way to have any sort of a competitive ring market is for rings to be compatible but in a small limited market like ETS pigeon rings it's very hard to apply any sort of consumer pressure.