Blackpool.Which sale would you choose?

schyphos

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;D if i were to buy anything id wait until an hour before closing and offer smaller fees for birds that have to back accross the channel . .............. just because im a tight fisted ******* . so & so            ;D only jesting Jim  ;D andy  8)

Guest Gareth Rankin

The Van Leeuwen & Van Ruyven sale of pigeons look great, it is good to see as sale of pigeons that have won 1st prizes.

Also the Lowik Brothers sale where they can time in when its dark eg 02.00, 03.00  :o :oflying a long distance into the North of Holland.

If I was going and buying from sales, it would have to be wall, lunt, green and galley or Tony Mardon. If I was gonna approach a stand with someone I would trust buying from,  it would have to be Stuart Wilcox. I have not bought from him before but I believe him to be very honest and genuine and reckon you wouldn't go far wrong buying from him. Ask the many happy members from this forum that have.

Good luck all those that go and hope you find a bargain.

I haven't picked up my Homing World yet so I cant tell you what sales I'll be attending. The ones I will attend though will not be one of the 'big' sales. These sales attract some people with more money than sense and in my eyes pay over inflated prices for them. I look for sales going on at the same time as these 'big' sales and see if anything there takes my fancy. If its value for money you want do the same.

Guest stevie-b

hi floks ive go to alot of sales as a matter of interest i went to a sale in the winter gardens last year and the pigeons were absolutelly terrible they sold and the same people are having a sale again this year if my pigeons were in that condition at this time of year id pull there heads off.i only buy latebreds now from the best fanciers or at an entire clearance sale.

ANY SALE YOU GO TO LOOK AT THE BIRDS ANYTHING YOU FANCY MAKE A PRICE YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY AND STICK TO IT DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN THE BIDDING AND PAY MORE THAN THE PRICE YOU THINK THE BIRD IS WORTH TO YOURSELF.

agree totally dont get caught up in all the hype,stick to your limit .because ill guarantee you will find something over the weekend..............

"Quote" The Van Leeuwen & Van Ruyven sale of pigeons look great, it is good to see as sale of pigeons that have won 1st prizes.

Also the Lowik Brothers sale where they can time in when its dark eg 02.00, 03.00   flying a long distance into the North of Holland "Quote"

As you know i study dutch racing very closely and have to say i have never heard of the Van Leeuwen & Van Ruyven? and i have asked around in Holland and they dont seem to be any wiser!!!

As for Lowik Brothers well it might be harsh but they aint in the top 50 of Dutch Long Distance racers!!!! good in there club from what i can read.

It seems to me that these birds are brought over as they dont command any appeal in there own country. How many Lowik pigeons are flown by other fanciers in Holland?

Anyway there are a couple of big ones, Kees Bosua and he has to be one of the best in Europe and theres plenty winning with his birds, Erik Limburg, has every right to be in Blackpool and has to be No 1 at distance in Belguim over the past 3 years. Verkirk, now these pigeons are in real demand and for good reason, they are winning everywhere.

Just how i see it!!!

Stuart Wilcox