NEW 2009 UNIKON UPDATES

The Grass Cutter

I spent over 2hours last night attempting to download the new update with no joy, constantly comes up RED stating download failed :-/ yet again here we are getting nearer to the racing season, and Unikon add another update, but to date no update disk, this same thing happened last year also, I wish Unikon would get their act together and get disks out well in advance prior to the racing season starting, we ETS setters have a lot of work to do in preparation for the coming season, without having to wait for updates that should be out earlier than they are :-/ any advice or help would be much appreciated, I know I am not alone in this situation, as I have spoken to other club clock setters who are angry at the delay of the disks :-/ So come on Unikon GET YER FINGER OOT :P

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent over 2hours last night attempting to download the new update with no joy, constantly comes up RED stating download failed :-/ yet again here we are getting nearer to the racing season, and Unikon add another update, but to date no update disk, this same thing happened last year also, I wish Unikon would get their act together and get disks out well in advance prior to the racing season starting, we ETS setters have a lot of work to do in preparation for the coming season, without having to wait for updates that should be out earlier than they are :-/ any advice or help would be much appreciated, I know I am not alone in this situation, as I have spoken to other club clock setters who are angry at the delay of the disks :-/ So come on Unikon GET YER FINGER OOT :P

Sapper,If you would send me your phone number I will try and help you out,had no problems at all after the first lot of downloads were put right by UNIKON,make sure you have everything set up and you have a radio signal,let me know if your there allday.

Sapper,If you would send me your phone number I will try and help you out,had no problems at all after the first lot of downloads were put right by UNIKON,make sure you have everything set up and you have a radio signal,let me know if your there allday.

reverse the charges ;)

Home for my lunch, pm,d you. away back to work now :-/

Hi

If you have champ pockets clocks and a prof base station (the one with the toggle off/on switch at the back)

It cannot be done . The disc will not help

Cheers

Homer 49

There's a problem with people who are using Vista, Unikon are sorting it out now.

I have vista had no problems at all.Spoke to Ray Knight the other week told me that there would be no need to download new drivers,once the programme had been reloaded by unikon onto the website after the first time it was on there should be no problems,I must admit Icame back home after speaking to him and it loaded up no trouble.

This may be of use to someone,I noticed that when downloading to the base etc my laptop chose the wrong com port it chose 1 instead of 3 so it wouldnt download, if you go onto the drop down arrow where it says the com port number make sure its saying the one you have the cable connected to.  

This may be of use to someone,I noticed that when downloading to the base etc my laptop chose the wrong com port it chose 1 instead of 3 so it wouldnt download, if you go onto the drop down arrow where it says the com port number make sure its saying the one you have the cable connected to.  

yes we had that,and sorted it, but still no go, keeps coming up red, I think any updates required should be brought out long before this, we have all the winter months to sort out problems, members want their clocks and ring registration now, but we cant do anything,

Well, half way through the weak and no CD from Unikon,wonder if it will arrive by Saturday as their e.mail said we would get it weak beginning 23rd March.

You do not need the CD just go to pigeon-ets.com and click on Unikon downloads,it wont makes it any easier or differant if you have the CD.

Is the link at the begining of this thread the most updated one? if not does anyone have a link? :-/

Think you will find this is the latest one,click on where it says downloads if the right page doesn,t come up you will then see the differant items to download for.

Noticed on pigeon-ets.com that the latest update was 23/03/2009,I updated mine on 16/03/09 does this mean I have to do it all over again.Rang Unikon on monday Darrell was on the phone the girl said he would ring me soon as he came off the phone,must be a long call as I,m still waiting,must say Unikon customer service is CRAP,mind Ive never found it to be any good.

Major problem, ran a dummy race over the last 24hrs for 3 way test, will not print times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a bag of sh**, why dont the c--ts get it sorted earlier in year.

Did you update the loft clock before running the race, I had the same problem when I ran a dummy race and put the pocket clock in the base, which was then updated. I 'clocked ' a pigeon and no time was shown on the print out. I did another dummy race after and all was OK.

Unikon do say that base clocks must be updated before racing.

I do agree with your sentiments on the timing,  much too near racing for my liking, doesn't give a chance to sort out any problems. Trouble is the majority of members dont get the hassle only the poor ETS administrators.