Best nest felts

lanarkshire lad

i use clay bowls with newpaper wrapped around  then i put felts from any pigeon store and put straw and cocc fibre on to the floor let them build a nest them self

all the best.

Avoid black ones at all costs

yes, these ones have caused probs in the past,,,

i find a handful  of easybed, at the bottom of the nest pan,,, then tobacco stalks,is as good as anything

, plus keepiing the nest pans " airy" by keeping the bottom  rim of the nest pan off the  floor  of the nest box, either by a folded grill, or a couple of slats of wood, [they put air  holes in the bottom of the nest pan, then make a rim , so no air can get through these "air"  holes :-/ :-/ :-/ :)]

Guest Blue Pied Cock

I have to agree with ulsterlofts the coconut nest felts are brilliant, I have used all types and these are by far and away the best out there. You should be able to find the phone no. for paul Newbold ( PJ Lofts ) in the homing world, do yourself a favour and get some of these.

Am getting rid of all my bowls. In my stock loft I'll placing a piece of ply on on floor of nest boxes. Placing two house bricks at right angles to make a square in the corner. Tobacco stalks cut in 4 - 6 inches. Half a brick, or 4 inch x 2 inch high wooden block for the mate to stand on. Easy to clean when on youngsters. I'll just replace the bricks onto a clean bit of plywood.The race team will have a 12 inch shelf right acroos the length of the loft. 2 or 3 actually. Then bricks in a line, with a brick from the front to the back every 12 inches. They can mate and lay / rear where they like. likewise when re mated on naturual. Yes they will be nipping in and out and guarding like the clappers. Willrace dry.... But will have some stock birds rearing some then so I can just slip a youngster under when I feel it suits.

i dont use nest felts , looks to me like the under felt that goes under carpet when its getting fitted and you can bye it by the meter for very little  and cut your own , just pigeon men getting ripped off again ,, stick pigeon in front of stuff your selling and triple the price,,,,  well thats what i think i might be wrong,  

pine needels why did you use them , and were would you get them ,

In south africa we had a pine tree(fur tree) in our back garden next to my pigeon loft and the birds kept on filling the nest bowl with the needels(fut)so i tought i will try thesame over here.The only thing i do is spray it with vircon and put by radiator to dry for 2 day and jb done.