Louella pigeon world

carl

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L.P.W had some of the finest Janssen pigeons i ever saw years ago i bought one of the Stamvater cock and he bred me 18 x 1st prize winners and g.g.sire of winners even today,i must say that every janssen pigeon i have bought for stock from louella has bred winners,i carnt say much about there other breeds as i have not tried them but you have only to read the B.H.W every week and theres loads winning with them so dont pull them down without trying them and just dont blame the birds look at your management first.

• 1 year later...

I had lots of them in the begining. Upon reflection looking over the pedigrees they were just bred from birds generation after generation that had never seen the outside of the single flight lofts, as then.

I was once told to buy them from the recent imports which sounds a reasonable conclusion. Close to the apple tree not from the next field as mine obviously were.

I have spoken up on behalf of Louella Lofts on here several times before. They play with the best stock that money can buy, be it pigeons or horses. In the case of the pigeons, they breed to allow the working class man to obtain these illustrious bloodlines at cheap prices. Their Janssens from the late 70's into the 80's were in my opinion some of the best birds that have ever come into the UK, i totally agree with Les. They also put a lot back into the game, and do a lot for charity, so lets give credit where it is due.

I have spoken up on behalf of Louella Lofts on here several times before. They play with the best stock that money can buy, be it pigeons or horses. In the case of the pigeons, they breed to allow the working class man to obtain these illustrious bloodlines at cheap prices. Their Janssens from the late 70's into the 80's were in my opinion some of the best birds that have ever come into the UK, i totally agree with Les. They also put a lot back into the game, and do a lot for charity, so lets give credit where it is due.

Exactly, my sentments to a T.

Undoubtedly top notch and if not the best around stud, then I must have blinked and missed the one that is!

Agreement with above,6 for £120 is a hard to beat offer,its costing any fancier almost that to rear them,good bloodlines available at reasonable prices in most instances, Flor Engels some years ago again a batch of six were outstanding value for me personally.

• 6 months later...

without any shadow of doubt the masserella family have in the past and continue  Royto make massive financial outlays to purchase the best pigeons in the world and bring them back to our shores for us the general fancy to acquire stock from them at a moderate cost to enable us to race them. We the fanciers must also realise that the sport and the health of our racing pigeons must be also taken into the equation regards the massive loses that keep on occuring year after year.

With the many top class stock birds that louella own, its only a matter of time before the BIG race winners come to the front as we say up north "Blood Will Tell" and funnily enough it always does.

With the Masserella's you get what you see, a square deal everytime give them your support in these trying times they need us! RR.

Guest j.bamling

8 years ago We had a Combine Winner 400 miles bred off a Louella Busscheart cock & he also bred Fed Wnrs in 3 Lofts

but i don't know if i would ever try his 6 for £100 etc i think i would go for something off his champions if i ever bought again,Theres nothing wrong with his pigeons as he buys the best moneys no object its his Pairings i dont like he breeds to close a lot of the time !!!!

bought 6 for 100 pounds start of year got 4 left. dropped two out the garden when had a bit of flyway other 4 trained hard and all had both races we fled in one was in the clock so see how the cocks perform next year.

May buy another 6 next year..

Guest j.bamling
bought 6 for 100 pounds start of year got 4 left. dropped two out the garden when had a bit of flyway other 4 trained hard and all had both races we fled in one was in the clock so see how the cocks perform next year.

May buy another 6 next year..

I think most of his strains are looking for a cross !!!

i have had most of my pigeons through Louella , yes theres alot that i wouldnt give room but if you know what your looking for and a good judge of pigeon then there as good a breeding loft and keeper of strains as most , the only draw back is there not a flying loft so the ones that should of been weeded out still get bred from , i bought 4 birds through Louella this year by sight alone one is outstanding and i expect it to be a great breeder one has a stlightly bent keel and other 2 are fine one with a frilled wing never had any that did any good but i shall see , would i go back for more ? at there prices you can afford to get a duffer every now and again . But on the whole i like there birds and there at a working mans price  so yes id go back no hesitation, if you can get the birds / lines you want from a flying loft thats doing well even better. But i must agree i'd only buy for a cross not to form a family as i had done previously unless it was from a newer family.

i had 6 jan aardens brought for me as a birthday present in 2006 got 1 left she had

4x1st as a young bird

3x1st as a yearling

2x1st as a 2yr old       plus the 2nds, 3rds and 4ths aswell  

a young hen has won out of her this year.........    

6 for 99 quid, can't be bad

the same as anywhere there's good pigeons and bad ones just got to try and find the good ones

the way i see it at the prices they pay for pigeons and for the price u receive them at come on lads it a bargain  i have seen a few batches of there youngers have to say they were as healthy as one could ask for also remember u could give some pll the fastest pigeons on the planet and they still wouldn't win

and i bet there's loads out there winning with there pigeons and putting it down to other pigeons for sales

Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS

I THINK LOUELLA IS A BRILLIANT STUD, AND I DO AND HAVE USED THEM!! MAKE THAT CLEAR!!!! BUT THE ONLY THING WHAT PUTS THEM DOWN A LITTLE FOR ME IS THE FACT THAT SOME BIRDS ARE SO FAR AWAY FROM BIRDS THAT HAVE BEEN OUT SAY 3-4 GENERATIONS, BUT IN A WAY ITS GOOD THE MAKE STRAINS AVALIBLE TO THE WORKING MAN!

Guest j.bamling
the van lints birds to me don`t look too good ????

Never ever let the apperance of a pigeon put you off good winners come in all shapes and sizes its whats in there head what counts not what they look like !!!!  ;)

the way i see it at the prices they pay for pigeons and for the price u receive them at come on lads it a bargain  i have seen a few batches of there youngers have to say they were as healthy as one could ask for also remember u could give some pll the fastest pigeons on the planet and they still wouldn't win

and i bet there's loads out there winning with there pigeons and putting it down to other pigeons for sales

Louella sell at realistic prices.

It's the others who are rip off merchants.

Pigeons which are sold with a pedigree are priced according to breeding. The challenge is there and if you can select an outstanding bird of that breeding for a fixed price then you have a bargain.

Kits of 6 for racing ---if you have one decent youngster left then that is equivelent to the price you would pay some others for one straight from the nest. Once again a good deal I think.

I note in this weeks BHW a fancier who has not raced since 1968 selling stock pigeons. Not much performance behind these.