Mycostatin Nystan Nystatin

sean75

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can get nystan,,,[same thing] in chemists here ,dont know if its on prescription or not, but in spain i  bought nystatin [excactly the same] over the counter, very cheaply

pom only jim cost yi 15 bucks to go to the vet first for a script to pay about 80pence for a wee bottle  >:(

Yes here you need a prescription. On the continent it is different.

Must say thank you to both Steve who has been a great bod and sent me some down. and Paul who so kindly offered. But as I have some from Steve ... thanks to you both. Have tried it, or rather am lol

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know of a vaccination for salmonella,

Although by young bird tested negative this time it would be good if we could vaccinate for the future

The vet said short of burning a loft to the ground then it would always be lurking as it is very common in some form in most species

Although by young bird tested negative this time it would be good if we could vaccinate for the future

The vet said short of burning a loft to the ground then it would always be lurking as it is very common in some form in most species

chevivac is a vacine for paratyphoid but it also protects against salmonella will check up and let you know for sure

lime/lime/lime/and more lime  ;D ;D ;D ;D

nobilis seemingly have a vaccine for this but only on vets prescription,,but antibiotics that may help would be aureomycin [soluble or tablet 25mgm ] teramycin again on prescript. there is also a sal-bac paratyphoid vaccine , but difficult to get ,,acid loft dressing for loft or sani-coop,,,but vets advice really

nobilis seemingly have a vaccine for this but only on vets prescription,,but antibiotics that may help would be aureomycin [soluble or tablet 25mgm ] teramycin again on prescript. there is also a sal-bac paratyphoid vaccine , but difficult to get ,,acid loft dressing for loft or sani-coop,,,but vets advice really

More interested in prevention than cure as our tests were negative, vaccination would be the answer but not antibiotics as they would become immune in time. checked noblis for salmonella vaccine but was referred to paratyphoid

After we wash the concrete floor with lime wash and it dries, We use stalosan on the floor, nests and perches,

Vets advice is that you can never be sure, short of burning your loft to the ground

More interested in prevention than cure as our tests were negative, vaccination would be the answer but not antibiotics as they would become immune in time. checked noblis for salmonella vaccine but was referred to paratyphoid

After we wash the concrete floor with lime wash and it dries, We use stalosan on the floor, nests and perches,

Vets advice is that you can never be sure, short of burning your loft to the ground

dovescot you would have been refered to a paratyphoid vaccine as i believe Salmonella Typhirium is the type of salmonella that only effects pigeons no other animals not even poultry, just pigeons. Now this is cause of paratyphoid im lead to believe as the bacterium is picked up and enters the intestine. So a paratyphoid vaccination will be used as a precaution

dovescot you would have been refered to a paratyphoid vaccine as i believe Salmonella Typhirium is the type of salmonella that only effects pigeons no other animals not even poultry, just pigeons. Now this is cause of paratyphoid im lead to believe as the bacterium is picked up and enters the intestine. So a paratyphoid vaccination will be used as a precaution

Cheers

vaccinating for paramyxo first will check with vet if I can vaccinated for paratyphoid as well

Had a lot of good avice on posts and in pm's, its amazing the different oppinions and solutions to the above

i apologise isaid that wrong in my post ,, this was more for cure  rather than prevention  :) but vaccinations can be had  :) [salmonella, paratyphoid the same ]

i apologise isaid that wrong in my post ,, this was more for cure  rather than prevention  :) but vaccinations can be had  :) [salmonella, paratyphoid the same ]

Fine by me, Just nae time for bull or waffle unless it's in banter and I love the banter

As I say any info forthcoming would be appreciated

Dan