best canker treatment ...

Guest gladdo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

firstly see if the pigeon gets over it itself, give it 2-3 days, if not spartrix one tablet done, but prefer to see if bird recovers itself first, as for respitory , i think to many people treat thinking they got it, medication is not good.

oh happy days

:)

Metrodizional tablets - 1/2 tablet per bird administered on an empty crop. I have seen ybs with throat full of canker and after a 1/2 tablet was crushed and administered 24 hrs later the throat was completly clear. I treat twice a year with these and never had problems. £3.50 per 21 tablets available from your local vet. I have tried many treatments for canker and this had the best results by far.

Guest strapper

rhonidazole is a great treatment for canker,i believe in the uk its 5%..outside the uk its about 10%....the above metro....is also a very affective treatment

rhonidazole is quite often in treaments with different names.

medizole is one ive used which you put in the water.

i have 3-4 different treatments which i alternate.

Turbosole,BS and Flagyl rotate use as required.Forgot to say flgyl liquid 20ml/Kilo of feed,birds don't like it in the water it's very sweet.I also use the tablets ,1/4 per bird again in two days time.Lindsay
prevention ALWAYS better than cure, a lot of the time canker comes as a secondary infection, so try and keep them free from everything with natural products , which i think is the best way.imo If it comes  metronidazol quarter/half tablet all depends on strenght of the tablet 100g,200g etc

Turbosole,BS and Flagyl rotate use as required.Forgot to say flgyl liquid 20ml/Kilo of feed,birds don't like it in the water it's very sweet.I also use the tablets ,1/4 per bird again in two days time.Lindsay

How do you know you are rotating if you don't know what is in BS

Turbisole is 10% Ronidazole - but what is in BS?

I USE 8ML TO 3 PINTS OF WATER AND THEY DRINK IT !

Guest strapper

most tablets given by vets for canker are too weak..as its only what they can provide by law..i know a few vets are restricted from given more efective treatments by these laws.

treating with weak medications.. can open the door for prolonged infections,

but they have to treat with weak medications sometimes, because if treated with the strongest medication all the time, once the orgamisms get used to this strong treatment, then there will be no where to turn...unless they make an even stronger medication.

catch 22 situation.

obviously prevention is better than cure , i see no point in treating birds with a canker treatment, when they are not troubled by it,,, but, with  the  the stress we put our pigeons through [un-avoidable stress, i,e racing training etc] pigeons can become infected , as there is so many types of canker, i find that flagyll is the best and cheapest treatment for most ,,,but only if needed :)

Why would you want to treat a YB full of canker? OB maybe but not a YB, wasting your time and money.

Best treatment??? have a good loft management system, they won't get it then.

• 2 months later...

How do you know you are rotating if you don't know what is in BS

Turbisole is 10% Ronidazole - but what is in BS?

BS, Canker part was Emtryl.

I know someone who had it tested, of course it could of changed as it was a few seasons ago.

• 7 months later...
Guest strapper
FLAGYL I WAS JUST WONDERING HAS ANYONE THIS THE TABLETS ITS SAYS THE USE 1/4 PER PIGEON DOES THAT MEAN YB'S TOO

yep...but how young do you mean/..do you mean when the young have been parted from their parents?

Guest youngboy
rhonidazole is a great treatment for canker,i believe in the uk its 5%..outside the uk its about 10%....the above metro....is also a very affective treatment

i agree i found this better then another product i used before and mine is 10% aswell

yes your bang on the money paul roni the best treatment