Using the Microscope

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% RED CHEQ

This is the danger in obtaining a microscope and doing your own, everything looks like everything at first until you get your eye in.

thanks and ur right there,thats why i think there should be a sub forum many ppl have obtained these microscopes and like myself have books here but havent got the trained eye. Thanks

i was looking today wiley i wondered about the same objects and put them down to be cell chambers with starch, but being my first time was a little worried but thanks you lot have concluded what i thought...they shouldnt be cocci as i have treated them with a 5in one lately before pairing

The images that you have put on Lofty are not what you would see under the microscope to be honest

The images that Wiley put on are definately starch granules

Wiley

google images should get you a few images of coccidia oocysts, threadworm eggs etc under the microscope.

there is also a link on the finchaviary site at the very bottom of the page - to a yahoo avian microscopy group if you want to join up.

i was looking today wiley i wondered about the same objects and put them down to be cell chambers with starch, but being my first time was a little worried but thanks you lot have concluded what i thought...they shouldnt be cocci as i have treated them with a 5in one lately before pairing

Rossi im in the process of trying to get a microscope sub forum up, so everyone can post pictures up like i did and gain help so in a way we can all learn together. Thanks everyone for there Help!

I ended up with a better model from LIDL - the BIOLUX  AL with mechanical stage  ;D ;D

good i must have a look 2 moro i was just looking and saw the BIOLUX and took it foor granted it was the NG will look again, what is the difference, not knowing much about them as u can see ;D ;D ;D ;D

hi was at my local LIDL today and got another microscope not like the one i have which connects to the pc etc, but yes its a pocket microscope with light and is 60-100x magnification, yes its great cant get it away from my gran/son he is at everything with it, they are very good, about 6inch long and 2inch wide, been playing all day with it going down 2 moro to get another one, it has a focus wheel and a swivel light on it and works off 2 aa batteries,

• 2 weeks later...

Best thing you can do is to get in touch with David Parsons (Vet) and book on to one of his Microscope teaching courses (£30). He is usually full, but give it a try. Not only does he teach, and teach well, but shows you what, where and how to look properly. And he gives you photos, plus spare spatulas, cotton buds, slides in  addition. You'll be surprised at who could be sitting beside you on the bench. Cheers, Bill.

Best thing you can do is to get in touch with David Parsons (Vet) and book on to one of his Microscope teaching courses (£30). He is usually full, but give it a try. Not only does he teach, and teach well, but shows you what, where and how to look properly. And he gives you photos, plus spare spatulas, cotton buds, slides in  addition. You'll be surprised at who could be sitting beside you on the bench. Cheers, Bill.

Yes Bilco he is very approachable and more than helpful. He can normally be found working on a stand upstairs in the Blackpool show. Can also be contacted via this link   http://www.poultryhealthcentre.com/default.htm

hiya all   ive got one of the microscopes from lidl hooked up to my computer they are great. I sent to AMERICA for a book it shows you all the good and bad bugs you might see under your scope. its in full colour and it tells you how to float droppings test blood you name it tells you its 306 pages and called VETERINARY CLINICAL PARASITOLOGY  its the seven edition written by ANNE M ZAJAC   AND GARY A CONBOY supplied to me by blackwell publishing 50 quid off the net if anyone wants a copy they can borrow my book i will be at the  blackpool show show

;D Hello Peter , dont loan it out all season , ill be needing to take a look myself . have got slides on order , awaiting news to pick them up !             andy  ;D