Andrew Deans

Guest JonesyBhoy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone go farther back and tell me where the McIvor grizzles come from..??

in the early 70's I had some Mc Ivor grizzles from 2 fanciers in Lochwhinnoch. Adam Train who was a friend of Peter Mc Ivor and Bob Jamieson who was ex fed secretary. They also had Grizzles from Bill Whitelaw of Thornliebank. Although they seemed different types to me they thought that both families had been bred through a source in Baillieston where Masons 1210 originated.

I believe John Cosgrove had some of the Mc Ivor blood.

Good hardy honest pigeons.

Guest Gareth Rankin

in the early 70's I had some Mc Ivor grizzles from 2 fanciers in Lochwhinnoch. Adam Train who was a friend of Peter Mc Ivor and Bob Jamieson who was ex fed secretary. They also had Grizzles from Bill Whitelaw of Thornliebank. Although they seemed different types to me they thought that both families had been bred through a source in Baillieston where Masons 1210 originated.

I believe John Cosgrove had some of the Mc Ivor blood.

Good hardy honest pigeons.

A very good assessment of them Novice

And your correct it was Mr Anderson from Ballieston that the 1210's originated from, and Owen and Peter McIvor's grizzle stock cock was bred by Barry Geelan of Hamilton that contained the 1210's and the Gilbert of London bloodlines.

Andrew Deans when holding his reduction sale approx 1 year before his death told me that his grizzles origin was Mason 1210, which was a reasonably well known strain when I was a boy in the 60's, when the partnership then was A Deans & Son, Andrew being the son. There's been one or two write-ups in the BHW about 1210s over the years. Ours were confused with 1210's back then, they were another family of Grizzles known to me as Birrell's, I barely remember his loft behind the sweetie shop off the Motherwell Road, Bellshill, near the Calder Bridge, in the mid-50's, a loft of grizzles.

Guest KING BILLY
andrew deans first grizzle came from dick nimmo of newarthill in 1948 when andrew raced with his father andrew told me that himself
that is spot on mate and j cullen's doos are from aitken from coalburn that originat from jock harrison not to get mixed up with jj harrison patnership all tho the deans doos have bean succesfull for him his best doos are still the old aitken doos of coalburn thats facts just of the phone to him about the young bird national sale this sunday so noggin and walter smith yous are wrong again

I DONT NEED GOOGLE I NO MY STUFF M8  8)

tee hee, nogin yer just a old lycos  dog, says the king ;D ;D ;D ;D, muffen  :Xthe mule more like where can we pin the tail  ;D ;D ??)

A very good assessment of them Novice

And your correct it was Mr Anderson from Ballieston that the 1210's originated from, and Owen and Peter McIvor's grizzle stock cock was bred by Barry Geelan of Hamilton that contained the 1210's and the Gilbert of London bloodlines.

yes you are correct gareth but that was the son John anderson they originate from a place called the hole which was in easterhouse and belonged to Tammy anderson who paid the pricely sum of  thirty bob for a white grizzle cock of 1210 breeding which should have won a number of races but was a bad trapper and the owner was going to shoot the bird when anderson offered him the money which i think was about a week and a halfs wages at the time and this cock went on to produce numerious pigeons to score from nationals and at that time bournemouths and weymouths  ;)

that is spot on mate and j cullen's doos are from aitken from coalburn that originat from jock harrison not to get mixed up with jj harrison patnership all tho the deans doos have bean succesfull for him his best doos are still the old aitken doos of coalburn thats facts just of the phone to him about the young bird national sale this sunday so noggin and walter smith yous are wrong again

Was thinking along the same lines myself,believe it was a partnership Aitken&Smith.