help

fid

ernie walley , lofts as hes 86 and age has caught up with him so all birds and lofts gone . Ernie sent him by courier to his good friend john lane up in canteberry in kent to mark for a race from san sebastian in france , so technicaly this bird had to fly on his own once he reached the kent coast probablly a distance of 300 miles on his own [hence the aptly named ;loneranger; i remember it well both us pacing up and down the lawn waiting for him to come . 
Nearing 10 pm i said to the old fella hes not gonna make it today ern ? he just sat there and just looked at the sky without looking at me said hes coming lad , still searching the sky .
within 5 mins ern said lets go and shoot a rabbitt [think he was admitting defeat here[n the field behind off we went gun in hand shot a couple of rabbits within 10 mins as we were locking up preparing for an early rise the following morning we looked into his section . there he was sat tight in his bowl , we onl;y went and missed him come . 
The following year we sent him again and we never left the loft , knowing not hoping that hed come , seeing him close his wings from 500 yds away with both of us standing there was the most emotional / best expierience ive had to date with the birds , this blue cock was probablly the best long distance bird in to north wales to dat

5D76F9D9-0553-4EAE-912E-4ED474CD2303.jpeg

Edited by Bryngwynt Lofts