Cancer Sufferes

Michael J Burden

I do not know whether you all know but I have been advised that I have throat cancer. It will be treated shortly and I am expecting a favourable outcome.

My question is what did you do with your birds when having chemo? Did you wear mask etc and spend as little time as possible around your birds? Or carry on as normal?

What were the side effects etc.

Or did you avoid them and get someone else to do the birds?

Thanking you in advance of any answers you may choose to write,

Mjb

I don't suppose the mask would go wrong, but the question is would you be able to wear one. My understanding is that there can be many and varied reactions to chemo. I would ensure a backup plan to have someone who is able to do them for you, just in case. I would also seek medical advice.

I hope you get through this with little to no effect Michael. :)

I do not know whether you all know but I have been advised that I have throat cancer. It will be treated shortly and I am expecting a favourable outcome.

My question is what did you do with your birds when having chemo? Did you wear mask etc and spend as little time as possible around your birds? Or carry on as normal?

What were the side effects etc.

Or did you avoid them and get someone else to do the birds?

Thanking you in advance of any answers you may choose to write,

Mjb

Chemotherapy effects everyone differently, speaking from personal experience it knocks you for six. I was very lucky to have had assistance with the birds, and would have really struggled had I not had the help. Some days it was a godsend to be able to spend some time with the birds and really lifted my spirits. Wishing you all the best for the future.

I once suffered through six months of chemotherapy every Tuesday at the Western Genearal in Edinburgh from April to October right throughout the pigeon racing season ,I felt rotten much of the time but I persevered,bred young birds trained twice a week and raced the full programme (with my usual lack of success).It might have been rank stupidesty or a wilful ignorance of the dangers of such behaviour, but I was determined to get the better of the. cancer and not become an invalid.I wish you all the best for a happy outcome.