Champion Young Bird Of 2018

walterbmasson

I won the Mr & Mrs Murphy trophy in 2016, nice enough thing to win for the feel good factor ye get winning an award but it's not that meaningful.

As stated, it's down to opinion.

Consistent young birds are not uncommon, under a different set of circumstances or to a different area a pigeon winning multiple high prizes in the fed races could as easily win next to none.

Walter's young pigeon is location defying and a performance only a few fanciers will put up once or twice in a life time. Hat's off to the doo and Walter-they have the recognition and glory beyond any nominated award.

I won the Mr & Mrs Murphy trophy in 2016, nice enough thing to win for the feel good factor ye get winning an award but it's not that meaningful.

As stated, it's down to opinion.

Consistent young birds are not uncommon, under a different set of circumstances or to a different area a pigeon winning multiple high prizes in the fed races could as easily win next to none.

Walter's young pigeon is location defying and a performance only a few fanciers will put up once or twice in a life time. Hat's off to the doo and Walter-they have the recognition and glory beyond any nominated award.

Lewis I know it's just a trophy , but you mention a few fanciers will win this once or twice in a life time , well Lewis there's fanciers on this site that saw this bird , that said how did this bird make it home , if you had seen the state of this hen I disagree I've only seen it once in my lifetime ,and not though I had another 50 years in the sport I would not expect another bird old or young. Come home in such a mess and win the section , as you see that photo was taken by Raymond Birnie too days after the race , I've had birds come home in very bad states too or three days after the race but that hen must have been knocked out of the sky and finish up 27 th open flying 400. Miles , I can only say I am privileged ta own such a gallant warrior , but the birds she's out of must have passed the genes on ta her the will ta get home ,cheers