Macmillan Coffee Morning

wisey123

That would be great and also show the ets system and how it works as that would hold a kids interest in electronics, all unions should attend and make a big statement for pigeon racing

Yes Mambo one or two Dundee Club members will be attending and we will be setting up the Tauris ETS system that we use in the club. We are also setting up some show pens to display racing pigeons and also a few fancy tumblers that I use as trappers! This might also draw the interest of some of the children as when I was younger we all had tumblers etc. and then moved on to racers.

Perhaps if we were to put on more displays similar to this we may get some interest? A few years ago I helped Linda Brooks with a stand that she set up in Dundee City Square regarding pigeons in the world wars which generated a fair amount of interest. We actually released one of John Duthies pigeons with a message on its leg from a member of the public which was then relayed back to the people in Dundee City Square. Before anyone says anything John has some great sprinters as well as distance Doos!

Yes Mambo one or two Dundee Club members will be attending and we will be setting up the Tauris ETS system that we use in the club. We are also setting up some show pens to display racing pigeons and also a few fancy tumblers that I use as trappers! This might also draw the interest of some of the children as when I was younger we all had tumblers etc. and then moved on to racers.

Perhaps if we were to put on more displays similar to this we may get some interest? A few years ago I helped Linda Brooks with a stand that she set up in Dundee City Square regarding pigeons in the world wars which generated a fair amount of interest. We actually released one of John Duthies pigeons with a message on its leg from a member of the public which was then relayed back to the people in Dundee City Square. Before anyone says anything John has some great sprinters as well as distance Doos!

Great stuff, this is the type of thing channel 4 usually like to cover, if given notice the idea of getting kids to write a message and get there answer relayed back to them .

We had a great day and see attached photo of myself John McBride and Graeme Mackenzie at the Racing Pigeon area. I'll let you know the final total raised once all the figures are to hand. The Coffee Morning was followed by a Proseco and Cider evening which also went down well!

post-32836-15413540607596_thumb.jpg

We had a great day and see attached photo of myself John McBride and Graeme Mackenzie at the Racing Pigeon area. I'll let you know the final total raised once all the figures are to hand. The Coffee Morning was followed by a Proseco and Cider evening which also went down well!

well done all :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Looks like we've raised £ 1310 so far at the Macmillan Coffee Morning. A big thank you to the Dundee Racing Pigeon Club members who assisted with the Pigeon Area and helped get the barn into working order after the event!

Hopefully we've raised the awareness of Racing Pigeons in the area as some of the visitors were amazed how these little heroes and heroines work their way home through all the hazards that face them! If we get one new fancier it was worthwhile!

A big thank you to all concerned!

John & Alison Wiseman