The End

Roland

After wanting pigeon for 67 years and having them around for 65 years, I am sorry to say I no longer have them. They all went yesterday. I took my time regards where they would go and the vast majority went to Ireland yesterday. Some to Scotland.

Yes of course I'm already missing them … and I know that will get worse of course when the reality hits home. Living past events, and having the constant Dreams and hopes what to be when I could afford and race properly. However through health reasons I wasn't able to fulfil them. To feed and water them and see their' conditions and knowing that they should be racing was a torment in it's self. Got to the stage where I had a job to watch them fly around as such. Have / had struggled for a few years with the hope it would be better, and soon … but haven't even been able to go to the club meetings in over a year … I never missed a meeting, whether Club, fed or RPRA.

I know that the new owners will do more than justify their' merit etc and have been placed in very good hands.

Now I will continue on here as norm.

Edited by Roland

sorry to hear this mate ive got the birds back roland after going through throat cancer surgery but my family were not amussed when i got the birds back i cant manage them aswell as i would like too but as i cant speak its all i have is my birds and they keep me happy im going to race ybs this year to see how it goes i have 27 ybs thats plenty for me to manage i wish you all the best roland in health mate

Hi Roly

So the day has finally came, I really do feel sorry for you. Your a loss to the sport, being such a fantastic fancier and a real gentleman. The birds you gifted me have all settled well, both adults and yb's. Yb's are ranging well over the Ayrshire sky, I'll definitely keep you posted on how I get on with all the birds.

Take care and look after yourself, speak to you soon.

Paul

Hi Roly

So the day has finally came, I really do feel sorry for you. Your a loss to the sport, being such a fantastic fancier and a real gentleman. The birds you gifted me have all settled well, both adults and yb's. Yb's are ranging well over the Ayrshire sky, I'll definitely keep you posted on how I get on with all the birds.

Take care and look after yourself, speak to you soon.

Paul

Good to hear mate. Glad you didn't leave it long before letting them out. Pigeon never forget. Further they have to be content where they are, in systems and methods that they like. One can't motivate a unhappy pigeon, or one that is not overly bothered to home.

the 3 plus one C's are the most important thing one can do with pigeons.

speak soon Paul.

Edited by Roland

Sorry to hear this Roly, maybe ye can visit a loft on a Saturday and keep yer hand in and yer spirits up .

I have many that have told me I'd be welcome to visit etc. Delboy.

But feel that won't happen this season. I fear it would only make me want to start again and miss my own.

Yet know I will be involved in some way or other. this I have no doubt about.