S & J Turner - Loft Relocation - Major Reduction

Simeon Turner

Simeon & John Turner (Parkside Lofts) – Sheffield

Major Reduction Sale

Due to my Father (John) moving from Sheffield and moving to live here in Chesterfield (where I Live), we have made the decision to fly the pigeons from my back door, and finish at the allotment in Sheffield where we have had over 20 very enjoyable years. As a result of this we have to drastically reduce our team of stock and race birds. Over the past few months we have been deliberating which birds to take, and have decided that we will keep 12 pairs of stock birds and just 18 pairs of race birds. The race team will be made up of all this years youngsters, plus a few 08 birds to make the numbers up.

This year has been another super season for us, with us ending up being Premier Prize Winners in both Saturday clubs that we fly, winning from 100 – 475 Miles in both. This year we have had 15 x 1st plus many, many other positions in the top 4 in both clubs.

Our team of pigeons is basically our own breed based upon various strains of Janssen type birds that have been added to the team over the years, we also have the odd Jan Aarden for the distance and a few Gaby Vandenabeeles. The birds on offer are the best of what we own and we have taken sons and daughters with us to the new lofts – that is how highly we rate them. If it wasn’t for us moving these birds would not be for sale and it this has made the decision ever harder to come to.

For the past 3 or 4 years we have sold young birds out of our race team and every year we have had winners reported, with many people coming back the following year for more youngsters, they have been that happy with them.

Some of the birds below are for sale at a fraction of what they cost and we feel sure that in the right hands they will continue to produce super offspring.

Lot 1

Hartog – Cock – GB2001R 18835 – Blue – Bred by John Gerrard, super stock cock, “Pure Gold†sire of prizewinners inland and over the channel. SIRE ‘Super Bull’ sire & G Sire of winners up to 9400 birds – top class DAM – Magic Lady – winner of 1st from 26055 Birds. This cock missed his first round of eggs this year, but filled every other egg

£50 – a real bargain; 1 year’s breeding from him and you will more than get your monies worth.

Lot 2

Janssen - Cock – GB2002Z 43074 – Chequer - ‘The Bridesmaid Cock’ Bred by us. This cock won 1 x 1st, 3 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd & 1 x 5th plus 7 top 40 fed positions – he was beaten so many times by loft mates, hence his name and could have won so much more. SIRE – ‘Dark Cock’ – Bred in 1997, great racer, but and even better breeder, he went on to become our number 1 stock cock, breeding winners with different hens – a super cock sire and g sire of many winners. DAM – ‘The Hussey’ ace stock hen breeder of many winners, from 73 to 527 miles on the day – probably the best breeding hen we have ever owned.

£75 for a proven son of our No1 stock pair.

Lot 3

De Klak x Janssen – Cock – GB04X 68697 – Blue Chequer – Bred by us. This cock never won, but had 6 club cards in top 5, before getting injured (hit wires, but fully recovered), he is the sire and G Sire of winners, including 2 in his very first nest – SIRE – De Klak – the new kid on the block – Sire & G Sire of some very good winners with different hens, he has probably taken over as our No1 stock cock. DAM – Janssen x Braspenning – Super stock hen, DAM & G DAM of many winners

£75 – for a breeder of winners.

Lot 4

Van Der Rhee – Cock – GB06Z89408 – Chequer W/F – Bred by Louella – sire on inland and channel prizewinners. SIRE - NL04 2046049, ‘DE 049’ bred by Adrie Van Der Rhee DAM – NL02 1630809 ‘DE 809’ won 2nd, 10th and 24th Combine, full sister to De Niergies winner of 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 8th Combine.

£125 – half what we paid as a baby.

Lot 5

Vandenabeele – Cock – GB07Z 42532 – Blue  â€“ Bred by Dave & John Hawkins of Doncaster. SIRE – ‘Golden Cock’ GB2002S 80595 (Koen Minderhoud) Bred winner after winner, ace race birds including Lord & Lady of the Rings, 1st & 2nd MNFC Gold Ring Race, plus RPRA award winners etc DAM ‘Golden Hen’ Paired to the Golden Cock, dam of Lord & Lady of the Rings plus RPRA award winners, daughter of Solitaire and Band of Gold.

£175 – Bargain – Cost £265 in a charity auction.

Lot 6

Janssen – Cock – GB07T 28649 – Dark – Bred by us for stock, Virgin son off our number one stock pair. SIRE – ‘Dark Cock’ – Bred in 1997, great racer, but and even better breeder, he went on to become our number 1 stock cock, breeding winners with different hens – a super cock sire and g sire of many winners. DAM – ‘The Hussey’ ace stock hen breeder of many winners, from 73 to 527 miles on the day – probably the best breeding hen we have ever owned.

£50 for a son of our No1 stock pair.

Lot 7

Sonia Van Der Maelen – Cock - Belg 2007 4357230 – Bronze – Bred by probably the best woman fancier in Belgium, beautiful cock SIRE Belg05 5221248 ‘Dirk’ from ‘Little Fighter’ and Dochter Narbonne – half sister of 1st International Marseille DAM Belg04 4419291 Bruintje. From ‘Jef’ Bred by Jef Vanwinkel and Jonge Anieha

£100 – cheap for a rare pigeon (rare as in Sonia doesn’t let many birds leave her loft).

Lot 8

Van Der Rhee – Cock – GB07T 28921 – Chequer W/F – Bred by us, winner on 3rd Club, 21 Fed Falaise and 2nd club 15th Fed Falaise (312 Miles) – lovely cock which is the spitting image of his father SIRE – Lot 4. DAM Lot 13

Bargain at £40

Lot 9

Jan Aarden – Cock - GB04X 68704 – Chequer – Bred by us – Cracking little cock with a massive heart, winner of 1st club, 3rd fed Fougeres, 2nd club, 19th Fed Saintes (527 Miles on the day), beaten by a loft mate, 1st club 8th Fed Poitiers 474 Miles. SIRE – Jan Aarden GB2000L 52582 – Chequer – Breeder of winners with different hens including up to 527 Miles on the day. DAM – Jan Aarden – NEHU98NY 3522 – Chequer – Breeder of winners with different cocks upto 527 Miles on the day.

£80 and a snip at that!

Lot 10

Janssen – Cock - GB08F 40550 – Chequer – Bred by us – won 2nd Club Windrush, 2nd Club Portsmouth, lovely cock SIRE GB05X 64459 – Hartog X Janssen – scored inland and over channel DAM – Lot 18

£40 – This bird has all our old Capper Janssens & John Gerrard Hartogs in it. - Sold

Lot 11

Janssen – Cock - GB08F 40551 – Chequer – Bred by us – 2nd club, 12th fed Falaise, SIRE – Duggins Janssen, son of the 12 x 1st cock, bred winners already for us. DAM – Janssen – GB04X 68696 – Chequer W/F – ‘DE 16 Hen’ – the very best of fountainhead Janssen’s – this hen is fast becoming a superb breeder for us.

£40 – Cracking young cock with super breeding and a full life ahead of him. - Sold

Lot 12

Houben – Hen - Belg 01 6255284 – Chequer – Bred by J L & N Houben – Quality hen, we bought her from Andy Trumpeter in the Midlands about 3 years ago, she had bred winners for Andy and continued to do so for us – Whilst with Andy she bred 5th Rohnfried Futurity for Rob Taylor – SIRE – Ramos DAM – Half sister to 128-94. This is a quality hen that doesn’t look her age by any means.

£75 (cost 3 times this) - 1 year’s breeding from this hen will more than pay for her

Lot 13

Van Der Rhee – Hen - GB06Z84552 – Chequer W/F – Bred by Louella, dam of inland and channel prizewinners with Lot4 – SIRE GB05J 87334, from 008 and Zuster Reims. DAM GB04x 95183, from Champion Bluffer and Ace Racer 851 – Super breeding.

£125 – half what we paid as a baby.

Lot 14

Janssen – Hen – GB2000J 98922 – Slatey – Bred by Fountainhead Stud – dam of inland and channel prizewinners for us and others. SIRE is a son of Norsea x Jongh Souteraine DAM Romain x Annalee.

£40 – Not missed an egg last year – lovely hen still full of vitality.

Lot 15

Vandenabeele – Hen R/N Letham 8 (Wrong ring put on) – Chequer W/F – Bred By Dave & John Hawkins of Doncaster. SIRE – Scolardy, son of Solitaire x Band of Gold DAM Supreme Glory, son of Top Secret & NL2001 1967612 Koen Minderhoud. Superb bold looking Hen - £100.

Lot 16

Hartog x Van Den Bosche – Hen – GB2002Z 43076 – Blue W/F – Bred by us, had minor cards racing, but has been paired to our best race cock (Half Brother) for the past 3 years, bred some very tidy birds (we are taking some of them with us. SIRE Hartog, GB2001B 09640, Little Bull, direct John Gerrard, sire & G Sire of Fed winners, superb breeding cock. DAM NL2000 1630695, ‘Blue Wonder’ bred by Ries & Gerard Schalkwijk.

£40 for this lovely little hen.

Lot 17

Janssen – Hen – GB04X 68748 – Chequer Pied – ‘The last one’, bred by us for stock only, as her name suggests she is the last hen bred from one of the best cocks we have ever owned ‘Perfecta’ who was bought from Mr & Mrs John Capper’s entire Clearance sale in 1996, at 2 years old he had a phenomenal racing record and it blood is probably in 75% of the pigeons we own today. The dam of this hen was bred by our good Friend John Johnson of Durham, sadly John is no longer with us, but his won herself, bred winners right up to second fed with 3 different cocks. What more can I say?

£75 a steel for a breeder of prizewinners with winners, winners, winners in her blood!

Lot 18

Janssen – Hen – GB06X 60400 – Blue Chequer – ‘400 Hen’ bred by us, winner of prizes upto 374 miles, lovely hen, typical Janssen, she is a 100% Capper Janssen, and is a double grand daughter of Perfecta detailed above.

£50 – Lovely hen ideal for the stock loft - Sold

Lot 19

Stuart Wilcox – Hen – GB08N 84699 – Chequer W/F – Bred by Stuart Wilcox, from his very good distance cock Champion Joner, the Dam of this hen was bred by Boudewijn Jonckheere. We bought this hen along with he nest sister to add to our distance pigeons but with the move that didn’t become possible

£50 – Bargain for a quality hen

Lot 20

Stuart Wilcox – Hen – GB08N 84700 – Chequer – Full nest sister to lot 19.

£50 – Bargain for a quality hen

Lot 21

Janssen – Hen – GB08D 39569 – Chequer – Same way bred as lot 11

£40 – Lovely hen - Sold

Lot 22

Van Der Rhee – GB09F26461 – Chequer – Bred by us, scored as a young bird, SIRE Lot 4, DAM Lot 13.

£40 – Lovely hen

There are also a few other birds available, please contact me for details, like I said at the beginning none of these birds would have been for sale had we not been moving to a much smaller loft set up.

Full pedigrees with all birds.

All birds are plus carriage – Visitors are more then welcome – we’ve nothing to hide!

take my word this father and son partnership are  11o% genuine I bought a pigeon off them unseen delivered to blackpool picked up by friends who all wanted to give me profit on the bird bred really good birds including 1 st club 129 up north combine over 20 -000 birds

take my word this father and son partnership are  11o% genuine I bought a pigeon off them unseen delivered to blackpool picked up by friends who all wanted to give me profit on the bird bred really good birds including 1 st club 129 up north combine over 20 -000 birds

Thank you for the kind words 'dude'

This sale is going well. Good luck with the remaining birds.

For interest I wonder how many were sold on the site and how many via the advert in the pigeon paper.

Which method of advertising do you prefer?

Interesting post that. Obviosly the Pigeon Paper atracts more views I'd imagine, be hard to actually say which percentage buying wise was best I guess.

To be honest I am stunned with the response on the internet.

I put the list on last weekend - 22 were on the list but 4 had already been sold before any advertising.

I sold 12 on the internet before the advert appeared in the BHW - I then sold 3 from the BHW advert  leaving 3 birds I have sold another via the site today so 13 on the site, 3 in the BHW and 2 still left.

If I had just advertised in the BHW I would have sold about 14 I think.

So all in all I am really pleased with the sales on this say - so a massive thank you to everyone for the interest.

I still have a few quality birds that I need to sort. What I plan to do is put a very special bird on the site in the next few days and auction it. Whatever the birds make the money will be sent as a thankyou to the organisers of the website.  :) :) :)

To be honest I am stunned with the response on the internet.

I put the list on last weekend - 22 were on the list but 4 had already been sold before any advertising.

I sold 12 on the internet before the advert appeared in the BHW - I then sold 3 from the BHW advert  leaving 3 birds I have sold another via the site today so 13 on the site, 3 in the BHW and 2 still left.

If I had just advertised in the BHW I would have sold about 14 I think.

That is an interesting reply. Thank you

So all in all I am really pleased with the sales on this say - so a massive thank you to everyone for the interest.

I still have a few quality birds that I need to sort. What I plan to do is put a very special bird on the site in the next few days and auction it. Whatever the birds make the money will be sent as a thankyou to the organisers of the website.  :) :) :)

• Advert: Morray Firth One Loft Classic
  • Advert: M.A.C. Lofts Pigeon Products
  • Advert: RV Woodcraft
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders