Help Required

Craig.G18

Hi could someone please help if the have any idea what is happening, Iv had pigeons dropping off perches and they all look healthy till I go in every day and they are some that has died, the droppings are very green and watery, any ideas would be appreciated.

post-30210-14527975195389_thumb.jpeg

Hi Craig, how long have you had pigeons pal? Are you keeping racing pigeons or fancy pigeons. Can you please take a photo of some of your birds as their stance and how the stand can help a lot also. How long have droppings been bad, and how many have died? How are the birds flying, are any lopsided when flying ect? A vet will be needed as tony said, but immediate action will also need to take place without any more fatalities

Hi could someone please help if the have any idea what is happening, Iv had pigeons dropping off perches and they all look healthy till I go in every day and they are some that has died, the droppings are very green and watery, any ideas would be appreciated.

Hello Craig if you pm your details to me if you want I will come and have a look at your birds tomorrow.

Hi Craig, how long have you had pigeons pal? Are you keeping racing pigeons or fancy pigeons. Can you please take a photo of some of your birds as their stance and how the stand can help a lot also. How long have droppings been bad, and how many have died? How are the birds flying, are any lopsided when flying ect? A vet will be needed as tony said, but immediate action will also need to take place without any more fatalities

Hi Wiley I'm in a partnership with my uncle he has had pigeons for about 30 year and this is the worst he has ever had, the pigeons seem to be standing okay but I can see a few getting bushed up so I'm not sure if they are next to go, it's been really from just before Christmas and lately the droppings have got worse, I fill the drinkers right up in the morning and by the end of the night they are empty if that could maybe say the pigeons are dehydrated, they haven't been out since November and they were flying well, too this point it's been 10 since Christmas and I think there could be more to come.

Thank you for all the help guys

Hello Craig if you pm your details to me if you want I will come and have a look at your birds tomorrow.

Hi Billy I'm working in the morning before I'm heading to Blackpool thank you for the offer, much appreciated

you have streppicoca bovis ,treat right away with amoxycine on corn and in water ,then after 5days keep moxy on corn for 21days but put erythmycin in water for 5days and put sedichol on corn with moxy 5days then gervit w on corn with moxy for 3days ,and blowlamp loft everyday while treating ,or just cull them all and start again

Drinking so much is the first signs of pmv, hopefully it is not the case pal.

Is that a serious illness and what could of caused all of this.

Take some droppings with you to Blackpool, I see there's a couple of vets that have stands there.

I have been advised by a few people to take droppings down with me so hopefully I can find out by them what the real cause it .

dropping and crop swab kit dropped off to craig and he can take to blackpool

at the very least make sure you put electrolytes in the water every day for as long as they have the wet droppings,this will save quite a few of the birds that would have died otherwise,if it is pmv you are looking at 8 weeks duration at least...

Excessive hair worm count, crop canker, and high coxi, and i think craig was told to jag all his pigeons again but i take it he will come on and let you all know how he gets on

I really hope they get it sorted out as I said on a previous post the pigeons in my opinion would be infected with all six ailments. Cultures would probably show this for the two not mentioned.. And only thing I would suggest is jag them all again when the other five are sorted out omho. :smiling-scarecrow-329:

at the very least make sure you put electrolytes in the water every day for as long as they have the wet droppings,this will save quite a few of the birds that would have died otherwise,if it is pmv you are looking at 8 weeks duration at least...

not my pigeons mate but craig will see this on site