Eyesign

TheHigg

With the shows about to start can anyone educate me on the beauty of eyesign I have never entered into his class before and don't see what the fuss is about but will give it a go this year if someone can point me in the right direction (show me a photo of you're good eyes) not cock eyes or four eyes or japs eyes haha also doo you think the older the bird the better the eye Cheer's

The best eyes in anyones loft is their own, but if you want to see what all the fuss is about, then google it and you will find lots of pictures of eyes.

I take it you don't take mutch on design (not that you need to) that was meant to read eyesign just wanted to see what the judges will be looking for that old cliche springs to mind (as long as they have 2 put them in)

:emoticon-0167-beer:

.*expletive removed* :emoticon-0140-rofl:

As a quick guide you will probably find that most judges will look for a small pupil, wide sign with serations, richly coloured iris with loads of little black dots or lines in it giving it a 3D effect.

Colours should be unimportant but some judges have a preference.

If you have birds with eyes like these then they won't disgrace you in the show pen.

I take it you don't take mutch on design (not that you need to) that was meant to read eyesign just wanted to see what the judges will be looking for that old cliche springs to mind (as long as they have 2 put them in)

.*expletive removed* :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Like most I have studied it a bit and still get the eye glass out in fact we were spraying our birds last week and I had a look at most eyes at the same time, and the best eye I saw IMO was a stock hen who bred my yearling cock who flew Claremont this year. So I do still have a look even though I'm not 100% convinced about the theory. For the shows look for an eye that sticks out as being totally different from the norm and looks as bright and as 3d an appearance as possible and you won't go far wrong, I hope you win a ticket .

Guest johnhunter

hy del theres no sutch a thing as a dominant violet if tere was all they would bread would be violets but that dosent happen they also bread coloured eyes cheers

whitty if you paired two dominate pigeons with the dominant violet eye you would get all dominant eyed young, but if you paired a dominant violet to any other without the dominant violet eye you would get a percentage of each