How Long , Any Tips ?

Andy, seems like a long time to be laying, have you tried her with a dummy egg? Sometimes this can bring em on

ive not Ryan , i would say ive not had trouble with her previuosly timing wise . would also say she usually lays just 1 egg ,and has felt "wide open" for at least 10 days ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Strange one but internally she sounds like she's ready to lay but something is a miss.

thats why i questioned it ,will leave her till months end , if nothing . will replace her , and try her later in the year before making a final decision . nothing lacking either ,have older hens that layed on time.

if she has only been laying one egg andy and an old hen would tend to think she is about to stop laying ie running out of eggs each hen only has so many eggs in her body some more than others just have to play it by ear pal see what happens as wiley says you could try slipping her one if she sits it swap it for a live egg sometimes rearing a yb can stimulate them into laying again worth a try if its a good hen pal

i treat mine when there on eggs and dont bother if some have not layed they still get treated same as the rest never had a problem used to treat them 14days before pairing to and worked just as well

Walter I,m not having a go here but can I ask why you treat . I am proberly open to critisim here from some but I never treat before or after they lay I honestly can,t see the point of treating blind during the off season . Last year I never treated and after I separated them I send my pigeons droppings and swabs to 2 different places and both came back clear jmo

Walter I,m not having a go here but can I ask why you treat . I am proberly open to critisim here from some but I never treat before or after they lay I honestly can,t see the point of treating blind during the off season . Last year I never treated and after I separated them I send my pigeons droppings and swabs to 2 different places and both came back clear jmo

Totally agree m8 only when a pigeons condition ( looks,weight,and droppings change, ) then you should be looking to correct things OMHO. :emoticon-0138-thinking: ..

all pigeons have canker m8 imo you can send swaps away one week and be clear and have a high canker count the next week and since ive been treating mine the past few years my results have been better and have done the birds no harm so i choose to treat as most of the top lofts do also so must be something in it years ago i did not treat for anything and was an also ran but now i treat before racing and every third week when racing starts with much better results so thats the way it is for me if someone comes on and tells me they have had great results when not treating i may try that again but just now more top fanciers treat than dont and thats good enough for me if it aint broke dont fix it ps as soon as racing stops they get nowt but feed and water and it works fine for me but everyone to there own if your happy with your results dont treat im never happy jmo

and off season to me is when the birds stop racing till i pair my racers the following year

Edited by walterboswell59

Walter and before you say are you on the gabby water :emoticon-0136-giggle: . I think you are getting a bit mixed up about canker and coccidiosis. Pigeons get infected with canker :emoticon-0140-rofl: . But always have some amount of coccidiosis in them so their system can learn to fight against it . :emoticon-0136-giggle:

billy you were the man that showed me birds can be clear this week and have canker next week and internal canker anytime also which many dont see till its to late since ive been treating ive been flying better and thats the yard stick i use m8 canker can flare up at anytime in a pigeon so it must be there in the first place just like cocci but thats here nor there the point is since ive been treating my birds have done better so im sticking to that many most top lofts that are much better fanciers than me do the same so proofs in the pudding for me billy

billy you were the man that showed me birds can be clear this week and have canker next week and internal canker anytime also which many dont see till its to late since ive been treating ive been flying better and thats the yard stick i use m8 canker can flare up at anytime in a pigeon so it must be there in the first place just like cocci but thats here nor there the point is since ive been treating my birds have done better so im sticking to that many most top lofts that are much better fanciers than me do the same so proofs in the pudding for me billy

Walter most top lofts will tell you they don't treat for anything. Again it all depends on what system your on . And what I mean if your on w/h cocks are out do their exercise and straight back in the loft same for roundabout pigeons. With natural pigeons as you know no matter how much work you give them ie training/ flagging you always give them a bit of open loft . That is when they pick up canker . :emoticon-0126-nerd::emoticon-0136-giggle: