Salmonella/ Paratyphoid

William Reid

the vaccination i was looking at does both salmonella and paramyxo in the one dose but also can have side effects ill have a think about it over the winter and make up my mind deff something we need to think about

Heard one of these was being released. Any info Walter? :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live vaccines are not licenced in the UK and are therefore NOT legal. :)

Possibly part of the problem if they are being used. :)

Live vaccines for pigeons are not licenced in the uk. This vaccine is widely used in Europe on pigeons .They have been using live vaccines in chickens since 2001in the uk.

Ugly me expletive remove... Billy your wife wears blindfolds round the house as she canny look at you anymore.

Chickens are a multi million pound industry with loads of jobs depending on them being healthy for human consumption.

Up to each person which way they decide to go plenty information positive and negative..

Ugly me expletive remove... Billy your wife wears blindfolds round the house as she canny look at you anymore.

Chickens are a multi million pound industry with loads of jobs depending on them being healthy for human consumption.

Up to each person which way they decide to go plenty information positive and negative..

. :)

Hi Frank ur right chickens Are a multi milion pound industry but so is the pigeon fancie.??.

Hi Frank ur right chickens Are a multi milion pound industry but so is the pigeon fancie.??.

Been a while since I looked, but poultry industry was worth £8bn to the British Economy. The vaccination of racing pigeons against PMV is not to protect pigeons, but poultry, from being cross-infected with NDV, and the legal requirement for us to do it is contained in the 2003 Poultry Act which applies across the UK. Pigeons are definitely not seen as an economic 'animal' and that is part of the reason we aren't allowed to protect them against BoP. That's why we are looking to have the Law changed so that pigeons are reclassified as poultry, and are protected by law.