Almond Valley Fed

tiger

Went to flamingo land near Scarborough a few weeks back , I was passing catterick maybe a wee bit further an RAF base next to A1. 3fighter jets came out of nowhere about 100 or so feet off the ground and going very fast ,I thought to myself what if a big batch of pigeons where passing at that time what would happen ????m it was the Friday of the snrpc y,b national .

Yeah exactly!! Birds would be scattered everywhere! Do planes give out anything (signals) to try put batches of birds off flight!?

I have heard stories that airports have a signal that when turned on knock birds all confused, I have heard stories of batch of pigeons looking like they have hit a brick wall but nothing actually there and they change course

I heard the vapour trail of a plane kills every bird within a football pitchs width of it. The heat frazzles them.

I've witnessed a few near misses going by Glasgow airport del and it certainly doesn't do that I've seen them tossing and all over the place swirling around in the jet wash as if they were in a tumble drier, but they eventually get clear air again and keep going .

I've witnessed a few near misses going by Glasgow airport del and it certainly doesn't do that I've seen them tossing and all over the place swirling around in the jet wash as if they were in a tumble drier, but they eventually get clear air again and keep going .

Remember 3 years ago when my yb team got frazzled Stu. That was jets, a couple returned burnt to fk.

Remember 3 years ago when my yb team got frazzled Stu. That was jets, a couple returned burnt to fk.

Maybe just too close for comfort del , must be some heat comes off them jets though.but if it was a football pitch width then wullie gass,s birds would get it every day ,they fly very near the jets yards from the runway.

had the same thing happen to me a number of years ago was training the young birds from clovenfords on the top of the hill had just liberated the young birds next thing turned round and here is 2 low flying jets coming down the valley now these two jets had to take avoiding action to miss ploughing into my batch of young birds the result was lost half the young bird team that day

I dont know if some of you will remember when a jet crashed at lauder I believe that jet came down as it possibly ran into a batch of pigeons that day watched it many times when you have liberated pigeons up the borders next thing a low flying jet passes in front of them the pigeons will not fly through the turbulent air left behind till the air settles back down