National or Not?

when is a national not a national. seems i am wrong saying the NRCC is not a national.is it open to the whole nation?surely then it would be a national.i would'nt even say the NIPA is classed here as a national by many fanciers,apart from the ones selling birds of course.

would you pay extra if it was defined a national. i think trading standards would love to look at things like this.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chrisss

who decides what is a national,i would have thought that by definition a national would have to be open to everyone in that country,not just a club,only asking because i haven't a clue,however i would have thought that if you won a race from lerwick and you live london/south east you would feel that you won a national anyway!!!

I was always under the impression that the word national would mean you would have to include anyone from England Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland  The NFC i think excepts all those as long as they are RPRA members same as the BBC and BICC   As i said before i think now you are not allowed to use the word national unless it covers all these but the clubs that already had it were allowed to keep it   NIPA might not be classed as a national mixxy but to win it must take some doing there isnt any club over here that gets anywhere near the sort of birdage that you are getting

so you have to be a member of the RPRA to fly in the NFC, so thats the same as you have to be a member of the SHU to fly in the SNFC, so if you are under RPRA rules and use the word NATIONAL, you would have to be open really to all RPRA members ?????

I think so but personally i couldnt care less what union you belong to im looking at a good bird flying the distance not who you are with or who you are not with  I think the problem would lie with the rules though as far as i can see SHU have different rules to the RPRA the NFC  are governed by the RPRA rules and if there was an objection to the race by someone who wasnt a RPRA member what would happen then  :-/

I agree with you 100%, if you are flying in a national that is under RPRA rules and you are not a member of the RPRA it could be a big problem, thats why to fly with the SNFC you have to be a member of the SHU, as thats the rules they fly under, and to me this makes sense,

all snrpc members are members of the r.p.r.a. through the cumbria region , and most have joined the n.f.c. to be able to fly in the saintes race , some have even joined the r.p.r.a.  from the other national here in scotland ,to race in the saintes race  so i see this as a  success , i hope so, the members have put up quite a bit of money for this race  

Most so - called 'Nationals' are obviously just for 'Areas' and extended to allow fodder in to help of load their coffers.

Then say the MNFC, Obviously very limited in the true sence of the word.

The reality means that birds sell better, and positioned' get to be a well known name.

The National means of the Nation,so obviously would have to be open too ALL of the that Nation to qualify,anything else is just a play on words.

I would assume then Merlin that Scotland being a Nation , we will qualify under your estimation ,and although theres two Nationals in Scotland it was only politics that divided

the Nation , or there would just be one.    (SCOTLAND will always be a NATION )

when is a national not a national. seems i am wrong saying the NRCC is not a national.is it open to the whole nation?surely then it would be a national.i would'nt even say the NIPA is classed here as a national by many fanciers,apart from the ones selling birds of course.

would you pay extra if it was defined a national. i think trading standards would love to look at things like this.

NRCC is not a national, it does not have national in its title or is open to the whole nation.  self explanitary.  mixxy is right :)

I would assume then Merlin that Scotland being a Nation , we will qualify under your estimation ,and although theres two Nationals in Scotland it was only politics that divided

its politics which run nations and countries , thats why the people who run them are called politicians,  ;D ;D

In my estimation you may have as many Nationals as you wish ie any direction ,providing the criteria is met,this being its open for membership and participation,to all members of the Country/Nation,no radius only its borders being its radius.

Basically you can have as much nationals as you like, open to all members that are affiliated to group only, where anyone can join as long as you must abide by the rules and fill all the criteria of joining that are stated in their constitutions , therfore open to the nation.

Pigeons are only one of numerous examples where it happens :)

Considering the NFC is supposed to be National, there's not many race points in the UK, they all seem to be 'International' being that the 2008 race programme is mainly all France. Shouldn't it be called the International Flying Club.

I'd love to have a go at National but unfortunately we cannot drive all the way to Sheffield to mark (talking in the future here) Why don't they open more marking stations? Perhaps when a National race is due a club offers to mark for them - if there are national members of course.

Considering the NFC is supposed to be National, there's not many race points in the UK, they all seem to be 'International' being that the 2008 race programme is mainly all France. Shouldn't it be called the International Flying Club.

I'd love to have a go at National but unfortunately we cannot drive all the way to Sheffield to mark (talking in the future here) Why don't they open more marking stations? Perhaps when a National race is due a club offers to mark for them - if there are national members of course.

What about the marking station at Alveley near Kiddiminster cant be that many miles from you,or the one at Crewe been there many times,must be twice as far for me.

In my estimation you may have as many Nationals as you wish ie any direction ,providing the criteria is met,this being its open for membership and participation,to all members of the Country/Nation,no radius only its borders being its radius.

yes but is it not fair to say that some "nationals" have rules to say that when competing that you must be measured over a certain distance so to make it a fair race....

i.e. you could not compete if a fancier who flies a distance of say 280miles compared to a fancier that is only measured 60miles to me this would be deemed to be unfair an this is why we need rules an regulations so it just wouldnt be visible to join a "national" of this sort! certainly i wouldnt join it ::) :-/

i would assume the  nrcc is not a national ,,as its letters suggest , its a championship club, a national , should be the nation .ie scot eng, n ireland wales ,,,,,but with such big distance differance between longest and shortest fliers , defining the best bird is not neccesary the winner