COMBI RING

Guest bakes

The ring will be void,as they say you renove them AT YOUR OWN RISK.

ok i keep them as they are not going to risk it is it true we be going back to normal rings in 2011 ive heard

all the best

RPRA.Web site states.

By Resolution of Council made at the meeting on Friday 27 February 2010, the lugs on the 2010 Combi-Ring may be removed provided that the integrity of the life ring is not compromised.

IF YOU REMOVE THE LUGS YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

For example, altered rings may not be accepted by other Unions including Foreign Unions should you decide to race with organisations other than the RPRA.

Council intend to make a decision on the 2011 ring at its meeting in March once it has considered all the options and the various proposals have been costed.

Lindsay.

ps.The lugs are easily removed using a pair of nail clippers and lightly dressed with a file.

L.C.

RPRA.Web site states.

By Resolution of Council made at the meeting on Friday 27 February 2010, the lugs on the 2010 Combi-Ring may be removed provided that the integrity of the life ring is not compromised.

IF YOU REMOVE THE LUGS YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

For example, altered rings may not be accepted by other Unions including Foreign Unions should you decide to race with organisations other than the RPRA.

Council intend to make a decision on the 2011 ring at its meeting in March once it has considered all the options and the various proposals have been costed.

Lindsay.

ps.The lugs are easily removed using a pair of nail clippers and lightly dressed with a file.

L.C.

Was this not done this / last year

Seems to be a bit of a shambles

if you use a brand new pair of nail clippers they come off very easy fella,s

Just a thought for all those using Unikon,if they decide to do away with the old type of ETS ring how are you going to fit the new type onto your rings if you take the lugs off.

Lets be honest lads they shouldnt have been there in the first place! But for the RPRA to now say you can tamper/alter the ring is beyond me. The committee in my opinion jumped the gun on these rings whether they were cheaper I dont know, but the same OLD DEPENDABLE style ring is still available and should in my humble opinion be the main ring distribution for the RPRA membership, then those that have ETS will continue to purchase the rings they need for racing on that system. Simple's

why dont any of the ets guys who do view the site come on and say there piece on the ring situation as 2 be honest it will affect there sales of the clip on chips???

I've got ETS and i hate the new type rings. the only problem i have now is next year when they revert back to the normal type ring is i've waisted my money on the clips,

Regards

I've got ETS and i hate the new type rings. the only problem i have now is next year when they revert back to the normal type ring is i've waisted my money on the clips,

Regards

We have ets and our 2010 rings from the SHU don't have the "lugs" for the ets chip.  Wer'e quite happy having a 2nd ring on the opposite leg.

Regards

There is nothing deffinate yet about next years rings,do you have Unikon or Bricon.

For all those that dislike the new ring you can now remove the lugs on the side AT YOUR OWN RISK if you want to,this was passed by council at the meeting last Friday.

My little girl will be pleased :) At least now when she gets her free rings we can use them as I point blankly refused to use the unaltered rings.