Things Dont Seem To Be Going Very Well!

been letting my young birds out daily, they are just getting confident now, the last couple of days then have been disapeering for about 20 min then coming back, this morning they went up and shot off towards the allotments where other pigeon men have their lofts (about 400 yards away) not seen them since! they been gone since 6:30am!! cant see any one else pigeons flying no more now, so im wondering if they have got mixed up and went in some ones loft down at the allotments! any idea whats gone wrong??

been letting my young birds out daily, they are just getting confident now, the last couple of days then have been disapeering for about 20 min then coming back, this morning they went up and shot off towards the allotments where other pigeon men have their lofts (about 400 yards away) not seen them since! they been gone since 6:30am!! cant see any one else pigeons flying no more now, so im wondering if they have got mixed up and went in some ones loft down at the allotments! any idea whats gone wrong??

young birds do this stu some times go ranging all day or there sitting hiding somewhere m8 but i would not let them out so early evening is better as they dont range so far

young birds do this stu some times go ranging all day or there sitting hiding somewhere m8 but i would not let them out so early evening is better as they dont range so far

Tis a good policy especially on weekends when they could get mixed up with race birds and end up many miles away.

Dont panic yet we all have this happen i think birds dissapear and most of the time return ,the young birds scout out their area to learn where they are .I have heard of birds ranging 10 mile out .

will stick to evenings in future, 1 more has came back, the other 4 are not in sight at the min, i will just leave the trap open for now!

do they eventually stay local to the loft? i see other fanciers birds just flying around their lofts, mine did this for a few days!

will stick to evenings in future, 1 more has came back, the other 4 are not in sight at the min, i will just leave the trap open for now!

do they eventually stay local to the loft? i see other fanciers birds just flying around their lofts, mine did this for a few days!

Your doing well when they get older they are less likely to go as far but young birds should be off and out of site, this means your birds are healthy and happy

They will be sitting with the other birds they have to learn as long as they don't let them in there loft that's hard to break if they get a feed but sometime they don't know they are strangers but you should get them back in the morning keep them in for a few days get there confidence back in there own loft good luck