Birds Are Settling In Nicely.. Whats My Next Step?

my young birds have settled in nicely now, they will eat as soon as i put the seed down (they used to hide behind eachother until i left the loft) ive had them in the basket a couple of times, and put the basket up against the trap and called them in with seed, they are coming out of the basket, through the wire traps to get seed quite quickly now, they will also willingly enter and leave the outside aviary on their own now.. whats the next step, open the doors and let them out?

Guest chad3646

my young birds have settled in nicely now, they will eat as soon as i put the seed down (they used to hide behind eachother until i left the loft) ive had them in the basket a couple of times, and put the basket up against the trap and called them in with seed, they are coming out of the basket, through the wire traps to get seed quite quickly now, they will also willingly enter and leave the outside aviary on their own now.. whats the next step, open the doors and let them out?

st

Yes your correct m8 let them out open up your loft and let them come out on there on will ,I personally put a bath down and sit near by just to keep an eye on them so nothing gives then a fright . Good to see them coming on nicely

cheers,

they had a light feed this morning, would you let them out this evening, or wait until tomorrow?

would you only let them in via the trap, or would you let them in whichever way they will come in for now?

If i lived in the country i would let them come and go as they please on open hole ,but living in a town you need them under control they know when they get out and more importantly when you want them in and this is by feed ,there is nothing worse than them sitting on house roof ,inside is for rest and feed ,outside for flying.

That's what we are here for m8 every little helps and I try to help where I can and if every new start got the help I got when I started the doo game would be in a stronger position

very true davie some would rather pick holes in your advice rather than give any them selves m8

Some good advice there when they are out I would get them used to a certain way that they would realise it ment food

Etc rattle tin or whistle or say a certain word that means food if you get my drift I stand in front of my trap and let them fly past me they become very tame ,spend a lot of time close to them ,and don't make any sudden moves and you will gain their trust ,hope this helps.

Guest chad3646

cheers,

they had a light feed this morning, would you let them out this evening, or wait until tomorrow?

would you only let them in via the trap, or would you let them in whichever way they will come in for now?

if possible get them in through the trap all the time

cheers for the advice, im going to let them out tomorrow evening and go from there! quite nervous haha!! :rolleyes:

Stu I would say don't let them out to late as if they do take to the sky and wander they

Won't have time to work back before dark ,a day with a bit of rain I find best as they won't

Go to far .good luck mate ,this is my personal opinion.

well i opened up the aviary today they all just stood on the edge, didnt want to leave it at all, so i put 2 up on top of the aviary, they had a quick look around and went straight in through the trap! :emoticon-0138-thinking: seems like this is going to take a while!

well i opened up the aviary today they all just stood on the edge, didnt want to leave it at all, so i put 2 up on top of the aviary, they had a quick look around and went straight in through the trap! :emoticon-0138-thinking: seems like this is going to take a while!

It's a confidence thing....they will venture out at there own free will...if you follow a routine and open em up same time every day they will eventually explore.