Overfly

philg50

I am happy where i live, and happy to fly and keep pigeons at where i am at ,and yes i will get on with it under any exsisting rule,but this being a forum (A meeting of a group of people to debate &discuss a shared topic)i asked the members opinion,and gave my own ,about this subject implying nothing ,just shareing my thoughts.

likewise

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was gan to wind you up but thought better nae incase you spit yer nashers oot. Look at the fed results you will see the mapper is in the golden mile but at the same time check the times the first doos are east side compared to the time they are in the west side very little in difference which shows they haven't came up the coast they are getting beat by overfly some o the times . Oh how I wid luv to race ma doos in Peterhead lol

Robbie yer a top class flyer far your at Pal ! also its never to late to move to the "Ever so easy Peternapper" im sure we would welcome ye wi open arms !! lol

I laugh at the rubbish posted on here about overfly. Could some of the experts answer this question for me please. In the national races when the birds have timed in in the Annan area and Lanarkshire are 60mls north, why do Lanarkshire find it so hard to beat them ? What happens to the overfly theory then.

I laugh at the rubbish posted on here about overfly. Could some of the experts answer this question for me please. In the national races when the birds have timed in in the Annan area and Lanarkshire are 60mls north, why do Lanarkshire find it so hard to beat them ? What happens to the overfly theory then.

good question but totally diff to club fed flying

national racing fatigue comes into it

feds are normally spread over a reasonably small area say 40 ish miles

and the majority of races are up to 300 ish miles

contributing factors are wind, drag, fitness, health , motivation

the further out the less drag has an effect as the birds are more split up

jmo dave

ps- I know NOS fed are spread over a wider area

I think the only time ive heard of the west side topping the fed from a short race was in an east wind

This tread was supposed to be about overfly but quite rightly so nearly every post mentions the wind so really there is only two winds that affect overfly a true south or North but but even then it won't change many results and I see no one mentions the fact that when the birds don't leave the race point right away that falls in the favour of the longer flyer don't ask me why the convoy does that some time that's another subject but as said a fit keen bird bred for that distance will be there or there about just a wee thing watch the winds for the 1 st 3/4 old bird and y/b races the prevailing west wind might not be so prevailing well it's been like that for the last 5/6 years JMO enjoy your racing if your birds are right your turn will come