Shu Ets Guidance

alex wight

Guest bigda

hommer i am with you here birds can turn inside a stall trap, and the pad is in the same place as birds are rubber removed or ETS timed your trap is a dual type

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigda

homer i am with you here birds can turn inside a stall trap, and the pad is in the same place as birds are rubber removed or ETS timed your trap is a dual type

Hi John

So your are saying as President OF LANARKSHIRE Federation

that Petron have sold me an trap that is not legal

Cheers

Homer 49

alex its up to you to check whats legal when you buy it nothing to do with any one else three people ansered you one just happens to be the fed pres all are saying the samething thought someone in the game as long as you would have checked it out first m8

Hi John

So your are saying as President OF LANARKSHIRE Federation

that Petron have sold me an trap that is not legal

Cheers

Homer 49

Can i assume that the bird is timed in when it walks into the Archway??... If so IMO, as a fancier first and foremost then it would Not be "legal". As President of the Fed, if an objection was raised about it, i would argue my position as stated on my earlier post. We do however live in a democracy, the rule isn't entirely clear which is what leaves it open to interpretation, but as also stated that is MY interpretation and would Vote in favour of the complainant, in the event of a draw vote that is.

Can i assume that the bird is timed in when it walks into the Archway??... If so IMO, as a fancier first and foremost then it would Not be "legal". As President of the Fed, if an objection was raised about it, i would argue my position as stated on my earlier post. We do however live in a democracy, the rule isn't entirely clear which is what leaves it open to interpretation, but as also stated that is MY interpretation and would Vote in favour of the complainant, in the event of a draw vote that is.

John, I think you must agree that no rule should be open to interpretation as then it is not a rule

Guest bigda

well the rule would be committee go around lofts and place the 2 seals on pads on nylon string something that will weather for a few weeks

homer i am with you here birds can turn inside a stall trap, and the pad is in the same place as birds are rubber removed or ETS timed your trap is a dual type

dont think so da the bird does not drop down in alex trap so you could not take a rubber off it it just walks on to the pad if im right no ones getting at alex hes been suckered

Hi

Intend to go to SHU tomorrow haveing spent about £1500 converting

my lofts with Petron traps which you are now saying is ilegal

well I will be sueing iether Petron or Lanarkshire Fed

Cheers

Homer 49

Guest bigda

dont think so da the bird does not drop down in alex trap so you could not take a rubber off it it just walks on to the pad if im right no ones getting at alex hes been suckered

think alex trap would work better inside out then the stall trap birds are caught out side the loft

John, I think you must agree that no rule should be open to interpretation as then it is not a rule

Yes i entirely agree with you.

The arguments have created doubt about the rule but as far as i'm concerned the threshold of the loft must be crossed before a bird is timed in, whether it comes back outside afterwards is neither here nor there, but crossing the threshold is IMO a MUST for it to be legal.

Unfortunately the Policing of seals etc to ensure fairness in racing is not really possible, for one we cannot force our way into/onto members property and many club Officials would not put themselves into a situation where they may be abused for Insisting on seeing a members pad placement.

There are many who would say "well just suspend the fancier" but the result would still create divisions amongst club members and officials and that is why a LOT of secretaries say they will not enforce the Seals approach regardless of directives from the SHU or anyone else for that matter.

Guest bigda

hommer ones like this would you say the bird was inside the loft when it got to the bob wires here

WELCOME TO RED STAR LOFTS

Main Menu

Our Catalogue

Contact Details

Red Star Lofts

• Unit 2
  • Rear of 58-62 Ernest Street
  • Rhyl
  • LL18 2DW

• Tel: +44 (0) 1745 355880
  • Eve: +44 (0) 1745 857551
  • Email: redstarlofts@redstarlofts.co.uk This email address is being protected from spambots. You need Javascript enabled to view it.

Our opening times are 9.00am to 5.30pm Mon to Fri and weekends by prior arrangement

You are here: Home E.T.S. Large E.T.S Entry & Exit Combination Trap & Bay

Large E.T.S Entry & Exit Combination Trap & Bay

Manufactured from 12mm exterior birch plywood & treated tanalised green framing for long life & low maintenance. Completely enclosed Perspex bay for maximum weather protection.

Bob Wires to the front with folding landing board. Complies with R.P.R.A Rules.

L32¾" x H28" x D15" £140.00

Suitable for:

6 Field BRICON

4 Field UNIKON

4 Field TauRIS

4 Field MEGA

4 Field BENZING

Price: £140.00

Price does NOT include carriage.

For more information on this product please contact us.

Guest bigda

The arguments have created doubt about the rule but as far as i'm concerned the threshold of the loft must be crossed before a bird is timed in, whether it comes back outside afterwards is neither here nor there, but crossing the threshold is IMO a MUST for it to be legal.

Unfortunately the Policing of seals etc to ensure fairness in racing is not really possible, for one we cannot force our way into/onto members property and many club Officials would not put themselves into a situation where they may be abused for Insisting on seeing a members pad placement.

There are many who would say "well just suspend the fancier" but the result would still create divisions amongst club members and officials and that is why a LOT of secretaries say they will not enforce the Seals approach regardless of directives from the SHU or anyone else for that matter.

they would have to do it if taking a dope test

hommer ones like this

WELCOME TO RED STAR LOFTS

Main Menu

Our Catalogue

Contact Details

Red Star Lofts

• Unit 2
  • Rear of 58-62 Ernest Street
  • Rhyl
  • LL18 2DW

• Tel: +44 (0) 1745 355880
  • Eve: +44 (0) 1745 857551
  • Email: redstarlofts@redstarlofts.co.uk This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Our opening times are 9.00am to 5.30pm Mon to Fri and weekends by prior arrangement

You are here: Home E.T.S. Large E.T.S Entry & Exit Combination Trap & Bay

Large E.T.S Entry & Exit Combination Trap & Bay

Manufactured from 12mm exterior birch plywood & treated tanalised green framing for long life & low maintenance. Completely enclosed Perspex bay for maximum weather protection.

Bob Wires to the front with folding landing board. Complies with R.P.R.A Rules.

L32¾" x H28" x D15" £140.00

Suitable for:

6 Field BRICON

4 Field UNIKON

4 Field TauRIS

4 Field MEGA

4 Field BENZING

Price: £140.00

Price does NOT include carriage.

For more information on this product please contact us.

this trap fckd also bird can time in turn about and .*expletive removed* off no good unless you want to take a chance .

Hi John

Question IS the Unikon ETS trap I purchased from Petron legal or not

Simple yes or no

Cheers

Homer 49

Hi

Intend to go to SHU tomorrow haveing spent about £1500 converting

my lofts with Petron traps which you are now saying is ilegal

well I will be sueing iether Petron or Lanarkshire Fed

Cheers

Homer 49

Ye canny sue anyone until you've got something to sue them for Alex, i gave you MY opinion on it and explained in detail my position on it. Petron have NO authority to determine what is Legal in our sport and what is not. Petron have IMO developed a trap that a Unicon Pad fits into like a glove but it disnae make it legally binding on any organisations to accept their idea's of traps as being Superior to the Rules of Racing.

The "cross the threshold" rule has been in place for YEARS, for as long as i remember in fact, ets designer Traps will NOT overturn this rule. In a nutshell i suggest you return the trap to Unikon as not fit for purpose, or fix it into your loft to meet the requirements of the racing rules in Scotland.

Guest bigda

this trap fckd also bird can time in turn about and .*expletive removed* off no good unless you want to take a chance .

just saying is the bird inside the loft no mater about the bobs as that is a fixture

get yer hammers and saws out boys yer president got balls to lol pity the shu dont or we would not still be talking about this and no more bull the guys out there with the dogey traps know exactlay what there doing and why well done john for saying what you think as a fancier

alex calm down man im not 100 percent but when they came out i dont think the rpra past them ether m8 there was a lot of bother with them down south because guys like your self bought them in good faith only to be told they had not been passed as legal it all kicked off at blackpool 4 or 5 years ago when petron first put them on there show loft i dont know if the rpra ever passed them but the bhw was full of it for months m8