Air Guns

peter pandy

I recently had a visit from The Firearms Officer for Central Scotland Police regarding renewal of my Shotgun Certificate and the subject of legislating Air Guns was approached by myself.

According to the officer this legislation for an Air Gun Certificate will be in force this year and will require all Air Gun holders the opportunity of an amnesty or applying for the equivelant of a Shotgun Certificate. For those who do not realise what this means the following will apply according to him.

Compensation for an existing legal Air Gun is being discussed at The Scottish Parliament now.

After the end of the amnesty period any person in possesion of an Air Gun will be charged with having a firearm illegally.

Pellets will be subjected to the same procedure and will require presentation of a Licenced Air Gun Certificate.

No person with a criminal record will be issued with an Air Gun Certificate.

At present Police forces throughout Scotland endeavour to avoid issuing Certificates.

I recently had a visit from The Firearms Officer for Central Scotland Police regarding renewal of my Shotgun Certificate and the subject of legislating Air Guns was approached by myself.

According to the officer this legislation for an Air Gun Certificate will be in force this year and will require all Air Gun holders the opportunity of an amnesty or applying for the equivelant of a Shotgun Certificate. For those who do not realise what this means the following will apply according to him.

Compensation for an existing legal Air Gun is being discussed at The Scottish Parliament now.

After the end of the amnesty period any person in possesion of an Air Gun will be charged with having a firearm illegally.

Pellets will be subjected to the same procedure and will require presentation of a Licenced Air Gun Certificate.

At present Police forces throughout Scotland endeavour to avoid issuing Certificates.

what do you mean by compensation peter and what do they mean by an amnesty :emoticon-0138-thinking: Edited by stb-

Guest chad3646

GOOD POST PETER NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL NO THIS INCLUDING MYSELF

Compensation if I recall would include proof of purchase and age.

Amnesty for guns would entail you handing your Air Gun over for destruction within a period of time to be determined and free from prosecution even if proved an incident has taken place with said gun after examination by pellet bore marks,ie, With the exception of smooth bore guns "Shotguns" all other guns have bore marks which leave an identity on bullets / pellets.

Hi Peter,

Its things like this that get under ma skin, i've had the same .22 since 1976. In all these years i've NEVER aimed it at anyone and i only ever use it for target practice now. Other than that and the odd time rabbiting as a youngster, in all these years i've had, it's well Nye impossible to suggest i would use in inappropriately. But this will get brought into Law and it'll affect some more people like me, and off course the 2 finger runts/idiots will give the Law the fingers keep their's foe taking pop shots at anyone they take a dislike to or worse still for FUN!!! Some f*****g fun eh??

I have one, will be applying for a license , for vermin use, i had a 303 rifle and bayonet to carry around with me for 9 years, in the Marines, so think i can look after a 22 air gun, http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

Hi Peter,

Its things like this that get under ma skin, i've had the same .22 since 1976. In all these years i've NEVER aimed it at anyone and i only ever use it for target practice now. Other than that and the odd time rabbiting as a youngster, in all these years i've had, it's well Nye impossible to suggest i would use in inappropriately. But this will get brought into Law and it'll affect some more people like me, and off course the 2 finger runts/idiots will give the Law the fingers keep their's foe taking pop shots at anyone they take a dislike to or worse still for FUN!!! Some f*****g fun eh??

im sure this law was made after that clown shot and killed the wee boy in glasgow afew years ago with a 22 pellet gun ive got one for the rats

dont think the law is out yet just going through

I am sure we are all pleased to hear you are mobile again and yes it is expected to be law by the end of the year.

The criteria as I posted will be the same as an application for a Shotgun Certificate and if you have a criminal record ie drink driving or any type of conviction you will be refused. You will also be refused on medical grounds if your records show you have taken medication for depression, Drink more than 12 units of alcohol per week, Post angry comments about me {anger management}. So when being interviewed as you will be required to by The Firearms Officer reply carefully..

I am sure we are all pleased to hear you are mobile again and yes it is expected to be law by the end of the year.

The criteria as I posted will be the same as an application for a Shotgun Certificate and if you have a criminal record ie drink driving or any type of conviction you will be refused. You will also be refused on medical grounds if your records show you have taken medication for depression, Drink more than 12 units of alcohol per week, Post angry comments about me {anger management}. So when being interviewed as you will be required to by The Firearms Officer reply carefully..

i used to have a shotgun certificate, gave it up officially

Guest lambrechts31

Interesting post peter, but after calling me a fool you,ll be glad to know i dont own any firearms lol :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: