Which Way Should The Loft Face?

mine faces north i fly from the south-but in amongst houses -still get them down

you have 3 faults then ,1 the sun is not in your shed, the second the rain is at your shed, the third the wind is at your shed all distractions for resting doos

you have 3 faults then ,1 the sun is not in your shed, the second the rain is at your shed, the third the wind is at your shed all distractions for resting doos

I have same problem , but you can manipulate light / air in a loft to your own advantage / liking plenty of good fanciers with north facing lofts ;)

Thanks for all the replies.

While I'm asking questions....I've got an 8x6 shed that I'm going to convert into my loft. Am I best to leave it as one area or split it do you think? I'm looking at getting a few racers(not sure how many will work in the shed this size?) just for fun and to learn a bit about training.

Cheers.

Guest pigeongirl

the loft facing south is best,gets more sunlight and protection from cold north winds.

agree with this one birds happier. and make a large landing board birds will trap better than a sputnik in a bad wind.

prevailing wind because of houses blowing on rear of shed .yes sun a problem===was 1st and 2nd on saturday 2nd youngbird race,

my youngbirds trap well as they are flying into the wind 90% of the time.