Lanarkshire

yeboah

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Lanarkshire fed should not accommodate the young bird national, and it should be made aware of this at the said AGM we should be giving the young birds all the help that they need there was nothing wrong with the race point of kelso we never had one bad race from it and i feel the young birds should not go any further than 75 mile, in the lanarkshire as i say we have nothing to do with the national and i feel it is the nationals duty to supply its own members with distance trials, after all you have a few pound in the bank of the likes of federations, if you want national young bird racing well i say fund it have 3 trial races if you like in a transit van.

Wasn`t aware that Lanarkshire "accomodated" the national. Thats very kind of you. In my opinion the Lanarkshire young bird programme must be the most unsuitable in the country over the past few years to prepare for the young bird national. Take a leaf out of the east feds book and get your young birds down their natural line (west) for a few years instead of dog legging from 100 miles. There are plenty birds lost on the east but what survives is worth keeping. Remember "if you do what you`ve always done you`ll get what you always got"

First race of the year for me on Saturday from Longtown. Sent 24 Natural Yb's, timed in within 3 mins of the winner and got 21/24. Had 19/24 at clock checking so i'm no complaining about it.

To even SUGGEST that you are guaranteed a good race from ANY race point or from ANY direction is just ridiculous, imo.

My biggest wish is that i read LESS & LESS about bad races here, there and everywhere and less messages on threads from the Know Nothing about pigeons brigade on how to sort all our problems overnight.

First race of the year for me on Saturday from Longtown. Sent 24 Natural Yb's, timed in within 3 mins of the winner and got 21/24. Had 19/24 at clock checking so i'm no complaining about it.

To even SUGGEST that you are guaranteed a good race from ANY race point or from ANY direction is just ridiculous, imo.

My biggest wish is that i read LESS & LESS about bad races here, there and everywhere and less messages on threads from the Know Nothing about pigeons brigade on how to sort all our problems overnight.

there is no one cause John a lot of factors are comming into play hear , TERRAIN , WEATHER, WINDS B O P, POORLY SCHOOLED POOR QUAULITY AND UNHEALTHY PIGEONS WHICH MOST DONT SEEM TO NOTICE UNTILL THEY LOOSE MOST OR THEY ARE REPORTED NEXT TO THE LIB POINT , illness in ybs can strike virtually over night and be almost un noticable , but when most of yer doos go down you will notice then, :emoticon-0167-beer:

Hi Rab. Most of my Doos are down, but everybody is in the same boat so i canny see sense in me coming on here bleating about it, as if it was more important that MY doos are lost than Anyone else's, sh..t happens and i just get on with it without depressing anyone else with ma worries. jmo.

Absolutely anyone thinking of taking up racing Pigeons and had a wee gander on here before hand they would soon be looking for something else to pass their time, that is the disappointing aspect of all this, the negative stuff from my POV will kill the sport long before the afore mentioned reasons for bad races, all this jmo. ATVB John.

My biggest wish is that i read LESS & LESS about bad races here, there and everywhere and less messages on threads from the Know Nothing about pigeons brigade on how to sort all our problems overnight.very condesending mr quinn to your fellow fanciers have you ever tried being a politician lol

Its about *expletive removed* time every .*expletive removed* played the game Jim and told the *expletive removed* truth about returns etc.Folk come on this site and blatantly lie , giving the wrong impression about a race.How are we meant to move forward and do the best for the pigeons in this sport with cranks like that. You know the script, as you think similarly to myself,but these cranks that are pushing for races to suit themselves and not the pigeons.Ye know my other pet hate in pigeons is guys getting off in hearing about other feds getting humped and losing there doos.I cant get my head round that.The doo games fked.

Hey Delboy, although very close to the truth i was PMSL at this post " could you be more specific " was talking to a mate of yours the other night and i believe you call them coconuts.

Davie