Respiratory

demolition man

I've notice one of my widowhood cock has a swelling to one eye, the eye sear as discoloured, could this be a form of respiratory?

and what would be the best thing to treat respiratory with ?

Regards

if all the others are ok , my first suspicion would be a peck injury to the eye ?? have you considered this ??

Guest strapper

swelling of the eye can indicate resp infection...namely ornithosis...but can also mean a peck...i would use an eye infection product..namely chloramphenicol...i get mine from the docs for my hayfever.

this will start to clear things up within 48hrs.

In my opinion discolouration of the Eye sear and swollen would be a ornithose problem. The best way to treat it is at first using either slipsanol or nazaline to clear the head, followed by either an individual or flock treatment of Tylan or Doxycycline.

hi m8 . what do you mean by, dis,colour, IVE got couple of young birds with a pink,ish colour too the eye. could any 1 tell me whats the cuse of this, could this be a sign off respiratory. i hope not. :emoticon-0179-headbang:

stan if thats on any of the ones from me its a family trait the cere goes a reddish colour when they come into condition

also had a young bird with a shut eye thought it had been pecked or got some think in it.a couple of pigeon men said it was canker and i thought they were joking with me.but they said if a yellow cheese looking thing came out from under the eye lid it is canker and it was like that when i opened the eye lids.we live and learn treated for canker and it cleared up.

In my opinion discolouration of the Eye sear and swollen would be a ornithose problem. The best way to treat it is at first using either slipsanol or nazaline to clear the head, followed by either an individual or flock treatment of Tylan or Doxycycline.

yes i gave him nazaline 2 days ago and put Broomhexine in the water, I got home tonite and the swelling as gone down, so looks like happy days again

yes i gave him nazaline 2 days ago and put Broomhexine in the water, I got home tonite and the swelling as gone down, so looks like happy days again

If he was racing Bern, I would then test his airways with Brux or food colouring, to make sure all ducts are open and clear.

Guest maricelbill

is there a cure or preventative these days for respiratory disease? back in the day Old Hand said kill the lot, genocidal purification ritual (you can tell I've been away a while) B'

Fanciers who know me know that ordinarily i treat for nothing except one eye cold. This year however i had a run of greasy wattles that just would not clear up. A very good friend gave me a tub of TYLAN and advised a 5 day course. The entire team are in top order now and ready for the basket. You could have problems getting it as it is only available on prescription but if you get on well with your local vet he should get it for you.

Fanciers who know me know that ordinarily i treat for nothing except one eye cold. This year however i had a run of greasy wattles that just would not clear up. A very good friend gave me a tub of TYLAN and advised a 5 day course. The entire team are in top order now and ready for the basket. You could have problems getting it as it is only available on prescription but if you get on well with your local vet he should get it for you.

Tylan is very easily accessible in Spain for as cheap as £8. It's a sickener especially if you just paid for it via the vet, however i get most medication from Spain now and it works as cheap as chips compared to the prices over here