Chlorcarb

Guest geordiejen

Guest geordiejen

i knew this stuf is supposed to be sprayed around the loft and i was told i can use it as a dip for the pigeons too.i was wondering if this can do any of the birds harm as they are now preening themselves and obviously some of this stuff will be going into the birds system as it preens or flaps its wings and gets into the feed or drinkers.has anyone had any problems with this?

i knew this stuf is supposed to be sprayed around the loft and i was told i can use it as a dip for the pigeons too.i was wondering if this can do any of the birds harm as they are now preening themselves and obviously some of this stuff will be going into the birds system as it preens or flaps its wings and gets into the feed or drinkers.has anyone had any problems with this?

I dip mine in chlocarb and never seen anything untoward!

Keep your feeding and drinkers oot the road.Its good stuff for lice but no too sure about the stubborn quill mite you might have to make it a little stronger for them.

Guest geordiejen

i used a basin and dipped them in,opened up the wings and gave the flights a good wetting.then a rub over the body with a wet sponge will that do as the down feathers were still dry and didnt want to drench them in it.

i used a basin and dipped them in,opened up the wings and gave the flights a good wetting.then a rub over the body with a wet sponge will that do as the down feathers were still dry and didnt want to drench them in it.

That will do the trick used it for donkeys plus ive dipped a few donkeys over the years lol.

That will do the trick used it for donkeys plus ive dipped a few donkeys over the years lol.

Guest geordiejen

i used hot water mate but it didnt stay hot for very long.only got about 5 birds done with the hot water.the first couple of birds i could see lice running on the birds back and a couple were floating in the basin.this stuff seems to be better than one drop as i didnt realise the birds had many.seems to be if you find one lice in the flights then there will be 20 more hiding.

would it be better if i used an old pot and heated some of it up again or would the reheating be less effective.

I have dipped my doos with Chlorcarb for years now, no Need for hot water i do mine in tepid water and they are clean in no time at all.