Heavy Losses Up And Down Country?

Wiley

From what I am hearing and to the people I've spoken to up and down Britain there's been some heavy losses. Many Feds postponed but chances the weather will not be breaking till Monday. Were you many short for those that libbed today?

Guest ghenty

From what I could see on the weather forecast yesterday and how the weather was in Leicestershire today, obviously smack bang in the middle of the country, there should not have been any liberations today.

Sorry to be an *expletive removed*, but I must question people sending 36 pigeons on a weekend that has been forecast like this.

From what I could see on the weather forecast yesterday and how the weather was in Leicestershire today, obviously smack bang in the middle of the country, there should not have been any liberations today.

Sorry to be an *expletive removed*, but I must question people sending 36 pigeons on a weekend that has been forecast like this.

Your not being an *expletive removed* Andy it's the truth our job as pigeon fanciers are to manage the squad, I felt my team was buzzing but took the decision to leave them at home, personally when I saw and heard of the losses I felt it was a good piece of management. Although the rumours had started that there must be something wrong with our birds. But I still hope those with loses work there way back

Guest strapper

what was wrong with this weekend?...north may have been a bit dodgy but down south it was ok...several nationals were libbed in france.

im a member of the welsh north road fed and early times were quick...roughly 3hr 15 160mls

if your worried about the weather then keep your pigeons in its your choice but dont dis another because they choose to send and have good racing...those that have had loses today are unfortunate..but they dont hide behind a few clouds!

todays biggest obstacle was the mist...and waiting for it to rise.

what was wrong with this weekend?...north may have been a bit dodgy but down south it was ok...several nationals were libbed in france.

im a member of the welsh north road fed and early times were quick...roughly 3hr 15 160mls

if your worried about the weather then keep your pigeons in its your choice but dont dis another because they choose to send and have good racing...those that have had loses today are unfortunate..but they dont hide behind a few clouds!

Paul, is it seriously "good racing"with the amount of losses reported, I for one don't think so.

i have read the post diffrently , i believe Blackdog is trying to find a reason for losses that have occured , not implying blame Paul.jmho.

i would say by the reports im hearing there must be 90% of the birds missing today from marlborough for cumbria combine, 3/36 3/22 6/29 4/20

thats just members in my own club.

Marlborough last year for the snfc was the same a very tough race where a lot of the birds ended up in North Wales

I am sure it was an east wind last year ??

Guest ghenty

I have just noticed I have the same Avater as Andy so sorry for the confusion, I'll get it changed! The biggest problem I find, when working for a big stud, is people moaning about not having a team, heavy losses, oh I have all yearlings etc etc. Witout patience in this game or in any sport really, there will be no success on a long term basis.

Congrats to all who had a good race but with losses like this there won't be anyone to fly against for the rest of the season! Having done a lot of reading over the last 4 months in my run up at getting back into the sport, it is o surprise that the most successful fanciers on the National stage ae the patient ones. Even tose that only keep 8, 10 or even 12 pairs of old birds. These fanciers cannot afford to lose there birds so are very careful with them and are then rewarded with exceptional performances at the highest level.

To keep it simple, is it not just a case of "all your eggs in one basket"?

Guest strapper

Paul, is it seriously "good racing"with the amount of losses reported, I for one don't think so.

hiya m8 no not good racing on the whole , i myself are a few behind but its part and parcel of racing these days...nobody likes to lose birds but we cant keep holding birds back from racing.

infact my best hen is away 2 x1st 1 2nd and a 3rd last year in 6 races...lost a fed topper last week...where do they all go?

i think my earlier post was a bit harsh but it wasnt to sound so harsh as it read.

best of luck anyone racing today.

i hear good weather is on its way..thank god.

I think there is a lot of quick changes in the weather throughout the country, this morning at 0600hrs where I live it was clear blue sky with sun out, and no wind, around 0830 it changed to broken cloud and light NE wind, (visibility still good) but a quick change and still broken cloud , covering the sun, still good visibility, but quick changes,

Sent 6cocks to Portland yesterday 223miles let go @12.30 not got a feather back thats the season over for me gutted.

Looking at the times from the MNFC and NFC your birds could've been swept up by latecomers out of the french national races. - Hope you might get them this morning.

D.D.

Guest TAMMY_1

Did anyone send with the MNFC and the NFC - I couldnt send this week but wondered what the returns were like for these two big races.........

D.D.

have spoken to a few that were at this race and returns were very poor last night

our club and other clubs in the fed race from Carentan have had really bad returns,I think at 50% back we have by far the best returns,close friend Steve Warhurst was waiting for 21 out of 35 late last night yet again other members have lost their very best birds, know there is time for them to turn up but yesterday at marking we broached the subject of missing out some races,particularly one of the French races and the fed will really be struggling with birdage for 3 more water races and this stems from the disaster at Tewkesbury a few weeks back when about 40 to 50% of birds were lost and up till now this week is no better but the weather at France and over the channel were perfect this time so nobody can be blamed.

Guest ghenty

Sent 6cocks to Portland yesterday 223miles let go @12.30 not got a feather back thats the season over for me gutted.

I spoke to a guy in Leicestershire South Road Fed an I don't think their race from Portland was great yesterday either.