Unikon Question

andy Burgess

have just spoke to our club clock/setter ,needs to issue an ETS ring for a bird of mine ,the computer says its not carrying one ???? this bird was raced last year as a yb ,and last week with the same ETS its carried all the time ? was 6th club last week taking the club nom . just doesnt make sense to me :emoticon-0138-thinking:

have just spoke to our club clock/setter ,needs to issue an ETS ring for a bird of mine ,the computer says its not carrying one ???? this bird was raced last year as a yb ,and last week with the same ETS its carried all the time ? was 6th club last week taking the club nom . just doesnt make sense to me :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Andy as our cubs ETS clock setter, I am a tad puzzledhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif the bird clocked in ok from the race last weekend, so there for the ring had to be assigned to the bird, how did the clock setter come across that the bird no longer had a ring assigned?http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

without knowing all the facts, and simply hazarding a guess, it seems that the ring has been deleted, which can only be done by the setter, providing he is the only one who has access to the club computer and ring scannerhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

apart from the above, it is very strange IMOhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

Andy as our cubs ETS clock setter, I am a tad puzzledhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif the bird clocked in ok from the race last weekend, so there for the ring had to be assigned to the bird, how did the clock setter come across that the bird no longer had a ring assigned?http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

without knowing all the facts, and simply hazarding a guess, it seems that the ring has been deleted, which can only be done by the setter, providing he is the only one who has access to the club computer and ring scannerhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

apart from the above, it is very strange IMOhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

he currently has our clock and some ETS rings to be assigned to birds here to race on Saturday .he has phoned to tell me what time it will be ready for collection .have spoken to another club member this evening (about feeding) he mentioned a hen raced last week ,had to have another ring assigned before it could go :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: .this was last timed 2011 from Ypres ? and ours last bird in the clock last week ,so from what you say Sapper ,yes may have been deleted as new rings assigned ??

he currently has our clock and some ETS rings to be assigned to birds here to race on Saturday .he has phoned to tell me what time it will be ready for collection .have spoken to another club member this evening (about feeding) he mentioned a hen raced last week ,had to have another ring assigned before it could go :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: .this was last timed 2011 from Ypres ? and ours last bird in the clock last week ,so from what you say Sapper ,yes may have been deleted as new rings assigned ??

At the end of the day, mistakes do happen, and as long as the bird has a ring assigned for the race, then good,http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

At the end of the day, mistakes do happen, and as long as the bird has a ring assigned for the race, then good,http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

do you think taking the original ETS ring along on marking (just in case ) could be worth while ??

best thing is to clear all rings each year and re assign them for the new year, keeping assignments from last year and assigning new ones could always cause problems, we clear all each year

that seems a big job to me ? removing rings already assigned , and re-issuing ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I had to bring 12 birds home last week from the club as there ETS rings would not register but they all raced last year.

jim

I'm sorry to hear that you had bother. I always make sure that my clock is 'cleaned' before going to the club, if there are uncancelled trainers still in it, these rings then cannot be assigned for the race.

I'm surprised you took the birds home? We had an odd couple of rings not registering at marking last Friday, but the birds were rubbered and allowed to go as trainers. Not ideal, but at least they get a workout and race experience.

Not sure what you mean when you say the computer says the pigeon has not got an ets ring assigned to it. I use ECS to assign rings and after you have entered the rings , synchronised the clock and then assigned the rings you need to synchronize the clock back to the computer so that it has a record of ETS rings assigned to the life ring. If you don't do this the computer will not show any ETS ring assigned to that pigeon even though it has one in the clock.

You can delete the ETS ring via the clock and Club System but the life ring No will stay in the clock until deleted from the ring register via the Club Computer.

that seems a big job to me ? removing rings already assigned , and re-issuing ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

not really, each member gives the clock setter a list of ring numbers and ets rings, we use small envelopes which has a birds number on and the ring assigned to that bird goes in it, makes it easy for ringing birds, if you dont clear each year their must be a big build bild up of rings no longer in use, and this is where mistakes are maid, also some like to take rings off birds while training, we find it easier deleting each year,

Not sure what you mean when you say the computer says the pigeon has not got an ets ring assigned to it. I use ECS to assign rings and after you have entered the rings , synchronised the clock and then assigned the rings you need to synchronize the clock back to the computer so that it has a record of ETS rings assigned to the life ring. If you don't do this the computer will not show any ETS ring assigned to that pigeon even though it has one in the clock.

You can delete the ETS ring via the clock and Club System but the life ring No will stay in the clock until deleted from the ring register via the Club Computer.

Think what they are saying here Mick is say you have a life ring 2011 A 12345 if you look on the computer under the owners ring list and that ring is not there then no EtS ring as been assigned to it,but then again the member may say well I raced that bird last year with a ETS ring on it,its obvious then that who ever is in charge of allocating the rings must of at sometime deleted it off the computer but it would still be in the clock so it should still mark on race night.

Not sure what you mean when you say the computer says the pigeon has not got an ets ring assigned to it. I use ECS to assign rings and after you have entered the rings , synchronised the clock and then assigned the rings you need to synchronize the clock back to the computer so that it has a record of ETS rings assigned to the life ring. If you don't do this the computer will not show any ETS ring assigned to that pigeon even though it has one in the clock.You can delete the ETS ring via the clock and Club System but the life ring No will stay in the clock until deleted from the ring register via the Club Computer.

i am un-sure too Mick ,only what i was told regarding this one bird/ring :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Think what they are saying here Mick is say you have a life ring 2011 A 12345 if you look on the computer under the owners ring list and that ring is not there then no EtS ring as been assigned to it,but then again the member may say well I raced that bird last year with a ETS ring on it,its obvious then that who ever is in charge of allocating the rings must of at sometime deleted it off the computer but it would still be in the clock so it should still mark on race night.

thats what i now understand has happened Tony , as up-dates were made , for whatever reason , this one was deleted ??

not really, each member gives the clock setter a list of ring numbers and ets rings, we use small envelopes which has a birds number on and the ring assigned to that bird goes in it, makes it easy for ringing birds, if you dont clear each year their must be a big build bild up of rings no longer in use, and this is where mistakes are maid, also some like to take rings off birds while training, we find it easier deleting each year,

a list from each member was given to the clock setter , a few weeks ago, listing birds which were either lost or ,we no longer wished to race , the remainder then were there to race and this cleared the lot up ? :emoticon-0138-thinking: apparently