Darkness Ybs Dropping Flights

hi all i have my darkness ybs on the dark for 2-3 weeks now they are early ybs i put my ybs on the darkness 5am to 8am i was check through my ybs and i see a few with 9 flights and 1-2 with first flight coming through the loft is no different from last year and ther was no problems will they contiue to drop or sould it be ok.

My first season so would also like some advise please. I have had birds on darkness for 3 weeks. They are dropping body feathers nicely, but I have one that has dropped two tail feathers, is this normal? Any advise on the system would be great thanks.

I've never encountered this before and would say its unusual.

Guest Gareth Rankin

Two weeks ago there was only 12 hours of natual darkness before you put them onto enforced darkness. If your young birds were weaned for a few weeks before going onto the darkness then this is possibly why they have cast flights.

Have delibertly done this in the past as you don't have problems with trying to get traditional darkness pigeons through the moult. Downside is that by the time the 1st of September comes they can SOMETIMES be on there 8th and 9th flight which puts them past there best for the longer young bird races at the end of the season.

hi all i have my darkness ybs on the dark for 2-3 weeks now they are early ybs i put my ybs on the darkness 5am to 8am i was check through my ybs and i see a few with 9 flights and 1-2 with first flight coming through the loft is no different from last year and ther was no problems will they contiue to drop or sould it be ok.

Did you put them straight onto the darkness system as soon as they were weaned.

Did not put them on stright away im going by what the mark caudwell system he pairs up end of november and puts his on the darkness start of march til 21 june i have been in the loft when dark its dark enough wher the birds can see drinker and ther boxes it worked fine last year

Did not put them on stright away im going by what the mark caudwell system he pairs up end of november and puts his on the darkness start of march til 21 june i have been in the loft when dark its dark enough wher the birds can see drinker and ther boxes it worked fine last year

if not as suggested by others , and your system the same as previous years .are the young off new pairing ?? diffrent family or has the current rise in tempratures been taken into account ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

if not as suggested by others , and your system the same as previous years .are the young off new pairing ?? diffrent family or has the current rise in tempratures been taken into account ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

doesnt matter about temperature if on darkness know guy whos loft is like an oven doesnt affect his