Advice Please Guys.

Peckedhen

I wonder if someone could help me... I'm having four big conifer trees cut down today, they are right up to the rear of the loft and I was wondering if all the noise would trouble the pigeons? Would I be better basketing and removing them them whilst the wood cutters are here?

Another thought - these trees are massive - much bigger than the house - will the birds still find their way back to the house and into the loft when it looks totally different?

Thanks.

I wonder if someone could help me... I'm having four big conifer trees cut down today, they are right up to the rear of the loft and I was wondering if all the noise would trouble the pigeons? Would I be better basketing and removing them them whilst the wood cutters are here?

Another thought - these trees are massive - much bigger than the house - will the birds still find their way back to the house and into the loft when it looks totally different?

Thanks.

the noise wont bother them, but for safety i would basket them better to be safe than sorry only takes a branch to fall the wrong way on to the lofts.

Thanks.

Let them fly round the loft a few times though there shouldn't be a problem

our neighbours had conifers - and they were removed - we also moved loft to the other side of the garden at around the same time - and the only problem we had was trapping - but that was because we'd moved the loft (and extended it) - and completely changed the front !

id get them removed what ever it takes as in most cases where these tress are its usually damp underneath them and it causes that awful green :emoticon-0179-headbang: they block out a lot of natural sunlight too

the noise wont bother them but id ask the guys that are doing it whats the chances of a branch damaging the loft etc is it best to move the birds :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Just a thought - removing the pigeons might calm two fears (1) loft damage during the felling, and (2) if you can place the baskets at a safe distance from the work and let the birds see what is going on, there'd be no surprises for them when you next let them out of the loft - in fact after the work is finished I'd drop the flaps and let them fly back to it.