Plywood

geordie1234

you want 18mm marine ply geo finished with a nice coat of varnish to stop the rain penetrating/rotting it,you can get cheaper such as a thinner ply or osb board, it all really depends on how exposed you are to the elements? osb board is basically chunks of wood compressed and glued together but mainly used for interior work such as flat roof decking etc before the felt goes on! it all depends on your budget really? whatever you use i would deffo varnish or paint it to keep it waterproof,good luck, kev

you want 18mm marine ply geo finished with a nice coat of varnish to stop the rain penetrating/rotting it,you can get cheaper such as a thinner ply or osb board, it all really depends on how exposed you are to the elements? osb board is basically chunks of wood compressed and glued together but mainly used for interior work such as flat roof decking etc before the felt goes on! it all depends on your budget really? whatever you use i would deffo varnish or paint it to keep it waterproof,good luck, kev

Sound advice.

you can go 2 ways with this geo the first rule is make sure your structure is nice on the eye, you can get cheapest plywood sheathing but you can then face it up with pvc 5mt lengths at £5 white, tongue and grove 3 board wide maintenance proof, cheap as chips in the long run

There is a lot ply on the market at the mo and to be quite honest, it's poor quality and will begin to blister in no time. Due to the poor resin resin they are using. A lot of places are now doing feather edge boards pretty cheap. It's already treated, so you dont have to rush treating it. It's geat for lapping having a taper to the edge of the board. It comes in various lengths and is easy to work with. The only downside is, that you will have to line the inside.

Guest Gareth Rankin

Anyone in Lanarkshire got any ply?

Cash waiting

Best maybe to try Gumtree and also put a wanted add in, other than that the cheapest i could get 1/2 far eastern ply at the start of the year was £20.00 a sheet from South Lanarkshire building supplies

Bigda, you're right as I often post on here. Regards the Cladding plastic. It looks like tongue and groove. Many different coulours and at 5 metres x a foot for £6, rot proof, weather proof, light and eassy to use and cut. Corner bits too for nice finishing it has to be the way forward. Many have copied mine now, and most say 'Not before time'. Chip board from any where that has packing is free too for great inside work / floors etc.

Guest KING BILLY

MARINE PLYWOOD IS ONLY REQUIRED WHEN IN CONSTANT CONTACT

WITH WATER YOU CAN USE ANY EXTERNAL PLY IF IT IS A FINISHED PLY

YOU COULD USE FAR EASTERN PLY

this is the man for the wood geo midg