What Does Keeping Pigeons Mean To You ?

Guest peter4pm

i took on the sport of pigeon racing so i could focus my attention on something else than drinking my self stupid every day and i havent drank since ive had them they have made me realise that ther is more to life than drinking and nothing or no one will ever make me get rid of them my misses loves them because they have saved our relation ship by the way i think this is a realy good thread and have realy enjoyed reading all your different reasons alb lenton1163

Great stuff mate keep it up

1.What does keeping pigeons mean to you ?

2.What enjoyment do you get from your birds?

3.If for some reason or another you had to give up the birds , how do you think you would feel?

Keeping pigeons to me is a passion , they are a very big part of my everyday life , i would even say that i truely love them to bits , they are my babies.

Enjoyment factor , i feel pigeons are one of the most if not the most Intelligent of the bird species , i can sit and watch them all day long going about their daily goings on and they all have their own diferent characteristics , and can become very loyal to their owner.

If i ever had to give my birds up ....i think i wouldnt enjoy life the same way ever again , it would be like my heart had been ripped out to be honest .

had my birds many years now, and like most fanciers had some set backs which have made me consider calling it a day, but on reflection the good times out weigh the bad many times over, when in the loft im in my own wee world stress free from everything else and it just doesnt get better for me, the birds keep a smile on my face, the racing season brings the pigeon fanciers together and the crack is good taking the mick wynding each other up, the most grattifying part for me is seeing my grandson taking an interest in the birds hopefully he will be next to keep the birds in the family

john

its just a pleasure 2 watch them going round the garden that you can not buy 2 see them drop on a saturday satisfaction you only get from knowing you done ur best and them there's , but for me dont know how much longer unless my health improves this will be my last year

Pigeons are the only thing ive ever know as my father kept pigeons long before I was born, it is a part of everyday life to me as we all know it.

I am sorry to say that Pigeon racing is not being followed on by the kids now the way it used to be and we need to try and attract more members.

The buzz of seeing a pigeon drop in every week keeps you going no matter if your late or not.Theres more downs than ups in this game.

All I can say is Win without Boasting and Loose without Excuse because all aspects of competition has become jealousy in our sport.

You only get out of the barrell what you put in it :egyptian:

for me its just where i seem to be at ease and the stresses of the world forgotten, nothing like it in the loft with the birds, watching them out flying n pottering around the garden, and when you see the the birds coming out of the sky with the wings back from a race regardless whether the bird is 1st or last what a feeling of satisfaction it gives me,

john

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bakes

Always been interested in them since young age my next door neighbours when lived mams had them when was kid and good friend mine had them for years still got them now my nans uncle use to have them when she was younger use to put them on train to take them training for her uncle before days off transporters would not be without them keep me going same as my dogs doo seeing your bird fold up nowing it put time effort in no money in the world can by that feeling my neighbours think im barmy sitting out near loft looking up to sky in all weathers when got birds away i enjoy it same as the misses does they keep us busy.