A Barren Hen

Rooster J. Cogburn

Have heard many tales about a good barren hen that raced in my club years ago.

Any PB members had any luck with them?

any tips on how to get the best out of them?

There nae good for breeding thats for sure :rolleyes: But it disnae stop them winning if there any good scored with one at falaise SNFC a few year ago.It seemed to race well to eggs.

The late Sam Sammons had a pigeon called The Barron Hen,sure it was 1st North section Nantes SNFC at the age 0f 9 or 11 and had other good positions from the distance.

that hen willie did not carry any boady and walkedabout out side on sams shoulder she was 2nd sec NANTES IN 1979 WHEN MY BIRD ENDURANCE WAS 1ST but i am sure at the age of 11 it did win 1st north sec from nantes beating robbie mc donald into 2nd pos

that hen willie did not carry any boady and walkedabout out side on sams shoulder she was 2nd sec NANTES IN 1979 WHEN MY BIRD ENDURANCE WAS 1ST but i am sure at the age of 11 it did win 1st north sec from nantes beating robbie mc donald into 2nd pos

Yes Walter,mybe could'nt lay eggs but could fly 680+MILES OK.

Hi,

One of the best pigeons i ever had was a barron hen called Cornish Princess.She flew the channel 14 times for me ,

3 times Pau NFC. Her best from Pau 19th open, also she was from NFC Nantes 86th open with over 12,000 birds a really terrific hen

In THE BRITISH HOMING WORLD STUD BOOK 2007 PAGE 294 [ what a pigeon ] she was a ko nipius and how i would like to have a loft full

of birds with her courage , brains and charactor To fly form FRANCE into Cornwall is not easy. :pidge:

Requards Trevor 9