Slugs

eastcoaster

anyone any idea`s how to get rid of those large slugs ! they have invaded my stock loft and the birds went right down hill, had them tested and came back with severe worm and cocci count it only affected the hens as the cocks all came back clear , they get it from pecking the slime apparently.stock lofts in the brick garage ,

Put a few plastic cups into the ground around the loft and half fill them with Beer, they are drawn to it like flies to the proverbial. Ask the guy in your local to keep beer from the drip trays for you, its no skin off his back to pour it into an empty bottle for you

Put a few plastic cups into the ground around the loft and half fill them with Beer, they are drawn to it like flies to the proverbial. Ask the guy in your local to keep beer from the drip trays for you, its no skin off his back to pour it into an empty bottle for you

unfortunatly it`s mostly concrete or chips around the loft , but have done that in the past and it worked. cheers lol

The best stuff by far for getting rid of slugs & snails is a product called 'Slug Clear'.

It's a liquid you mix up in a watering can where you just cover the area affected......when you come

out in the morning it'll be like a battle ground.

Best place to get it is Dobbies Garden Centre, think it's about 5 quid.

Colin.

Have bother but can't use any of the commercially available slug-killers because they poison other animals too. We have hedgehogs in the area and they used to come into my front garden and keep it clean, but they can't access my back garden.

Wife uses salt but I've had to stop that as the birds eat it.

Read years ago that coffee grinds makes slugs explode?

There is another product available for the Agricultural Market and I have still to contact the manufacturers to check if its suitable for use in a garden ... and loft, in deep litter.

Its garlic granules that kill slugs & snails, insects, and nematodes (a type of microscopic parasitic worm). If it kills nematodes & and their eggs, I think it is likely it will also be effective against worm eggs & cocci oocysts in pigeon droppings too.

The best stuff by far for getting rid of slugs & snails is a product called 'Slug Clear'.

It's a liquid you mix up in a watering can where you just cover the area affected......when you come

out in the morning it'll be like a battle ground.

Best place to get it is Dobbies Garden Centre, think it's about 5 quid.

Colin.

is it safe for the dug and doo`s ?

I know the problem mate. I have a brick built loft and have had the same problem. I even tried mixing salt into loft white and covering the floor with a good thick coating - I've gone in the loft at night with a torch and the little buggers where gliding over the top of it. I think I have found the answer now which is a wash of Jeyes fluid over the floor. They haven't been back for a while now but where the heck do they come from.

D.D.