Is It Fair To Have A Young Bird National.

alex wight

ur last post sums you up 2 a tee it must be great 2 be full time doo man , but i am not as lucky ive got 2 pay my way

Dont get offensive now John, you should concentrate on getting yer doos to the big races :P:D By the way, I think ive won the A/V averages. You HAD 14 HOURS ON ME BUT IVE GOT 20 RACES AT 25 MILES OVERFLY = 500 MLS :D:D ps Im not a full time dooman, I had my own business and had to sell up because my son is disabled. Do you feel any better now :angry:

Dont get offensive now John, you should concentrate on getting yer doos to the big races :P:D By the way, I think ive won the A/V averages. You HAD 14 HOURS ON ME BUT IVE GOT 20 RACES AT 25 MILES OVERFLY = 500 MLS :D:D ps Im not a full time dooman, I had my own business and had to sell up because my son is disabled. Do you feel any better now :angry:

yip feel alot better the 14 hours was in the old birds only it would be more if i count ybs :D

Think we all know the ups and downs in this game so would say if anyone doesn't think it's fair DON'T GO :D

Think your missing the point davey, what i was asking simply, does it do our young birds any good or any damage, for the future ;) Just because we have a yb national doesnt mean you have to go. I wanted views from both sides, and the only people with answers is experienced doo men who either go because it does them good, or the ones that dont go as they see it being detrimental to the pigeon for the future. ;)

Guest Davy Fleming

Sorry mate, Only picked things up half way through the thread. Think you will read (BHW) about birds that do well later in life have probably flown the National but also know that there are a few really good fanciers that only train them as youngsters and still do well later on, so mixed feelings about it . Personally I think they should go. Would be my opinion that youngsters are far more mature than we think but a bit of a mixed bag I would say.

dont think it does them any harm for the future and gives them a bit of extra experience but just because they fly the yb national doesnt mean they are going to win as old birds. by the same token if a yb doesnt go to the national it is not disdvantaged in any way as an old bird. a lot of fanciers only give some ybs 2 or 3 races

Sorry mate, Only picked things up half way through the thread. Think you will read (BHW) about birds that do well later in life have probably flown the National but also know that there are a few really good fanciers that only train them as youngsters and still do well later on, so mixed feelings about it . Personally I think they should go. Would be my opinion that youngsters are far more mature than we think but a bit of a mixed bag I would say.

No problems davey, your right what you say, if the bird is going to do it at no matter what age, then it will. Each fancier does it their own way, which makes it the more fascinating.

Regards alex.

Of course it's fair to have one Catelae Lofts. Now whether one evr gets a fair race is another matter. If in condition, and wants to home, they wil. They are full of flying.

If their brain has become cuckoo from incest, or it wants to B**ger of as it doesn't particularly like it's loft, then you won't see tem again.... or till very late. But that happens from training chucks of 20 miles or so... ;)