chatroom

frank-123

celtic,

If you click on the "Chatroom" lick at the top of this page the chatrrom should load automaticly (may take several mintures depending on your connection speed). When the secerity warning pops up click run now or whatever it says (sorry didn't pay much attention to the exact wording) after that the chat should load almost instantly.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those having problems with the chat room.

Please make sure that you are using the correct link; that is the one at the top of this page (a smaller popup window comes up) or you can use this address: http://www.pigeonbasics.com/chat.php to get to the same page.

Type your desired 'nickname' into the text box and click [Chat!] - button.

If it is your first time on the chat room it will take a little longer to load, and you will be prompted by a message (off the top of my head) asking if you 'would like to install and run', to this you must click, [ok]/[yes]/[confirm] (whichever is on your prompt).

Once the chatroom has loaded fully, you should see (attached picture).

Chat didnt load

On your computer please go to your Control Pannel - either in [My Computer] or on the Start Menu. Check that you have something called 'Java' or 'Java Runtime Environment'. If you dont; please download and install the Java Runtime Environment from this link: http://java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp After download and installing, you may have to restart your computer before it will work. Then commence with the instructions above.

The World Racing Pigeon site is "down"--Thats where this chat room is

You are correct my sites are down for now, however I was not the one hosting the sites or the chatroom. However as a result of the recent issues I will be hosting all my own sites and will also host an irc server. Provided of course my isp doesn't hassle me over the bandwidth. The irc server and everything needed for my sites are actually up and running as of a few days ago for the websites and about an hour ago for the chat server.

Without getting too technical, I have a few more things to set up which shouldn't take long to do. That said if I don't have to reboot my router the chat should be available for use within the next few hours. If I have to reboot the router, it may not be available until sometime Monday. None the less I know it's down and I am working to get a new server up and going, just be patient.