chatroom

frank-123

Last night I changed the Chat Room, login, and tweaked the chat room page.

If you dont have Java installed on your machine a message will be displayed saying so (you must have Java (Java Runtime Environment) installed for chat to work.). If you see this message, follow the link into the message forum, to the post which gives instructions to download and install Java.

Webmaster :)

It's best to use firefox, aside from the fact that it doesn't support activeX controls (used for browser highjacking), it will install the needed JRE files for you if you don't already have them. In short isn't a better browser and far more secure than some other offerings.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and No, Chatrace,

It's up and running fine http://worldpigeon.com/index.php?ind=chat

I had to reboot my router again in order for the port forward settings to take affect for the new email service we are soon to be offering from World Racing Pigeon Discussions.

That said the chatroom will not be accessable from this site until I can speak to Richard and give him the info he needs. Until then I have enabled guest access from this page http://worldpigeon.com/index.php?ind=chat

I've replaced both ends of the cable, so that should no longer be a source of any downtime. And as such the only time the WRPD and the services we offer will go offline is when my ISP forces an ip change or if there are power outages here lasting more than an hour. With one exception, that being a few minutes downtime at some point in the next few weeks while I install some new hardware to the server.

I would like to thank everyone for being patient while the bugs have been worked out of the system. I'm sur ethe interuptions have been frustrating, but this is after all my first attempt to operate most of these services. ;)

Anyway enjoy the room folks :)