nfc

stew 75

just read on other fourm that  NFC are having poll if thay should fly north many friends of mine in scottland had a bad year ,in young bird racing .the last thing thay want is clashing with english  feds on a sat  may let have one from banockburn  ;D ;D ;D

Peterpau is not wrong ... and I have followed him out of the club to focus more on the BBC and BICC.

In the BBC you have a passionate and vocal secretary who leaves you in no doubt as to what's happening in the club ... he also does all the press reports ... and if we stuffed a broom up his a** he'd probably clean up after marking too. The BICC has been presented with an wide open goal with the NFC's surprising decision to drop the Dax race and members will surely migrate to the BICC to continue testing their pigeons against the very best that Europe has to offer.

I can tell you that anything you may hear about the NFC race programme for 2007 will all be rumour and speculation, all that has been decided is the dates, and if memory serves, the first race is on 19th May. Nothing else has been decided and will not be untill the meeting later this month. Then of course we have to learn from DEFRA what restrictions they are going to impose, if any? next year.

Don,t listen to rumours

Mick

GROVEHOMER and if 'I  won't be flying with the NFC if they go north, I'm only interested in the channel events'. meand that you can't fly East South etc. are you prepared to sit and watch your birds do nowt! Or just breed needlessly? or pack up!

Do as you may, I believe that too many may make that an hasty option without comtemplating the consequences.

Better by far to fly where I am not 100% happy than not Fly at all I feel#. But there again everyone to their own.

Roland, we used to race the north route but it died a death about 10 years ago due to the horrific races we were having, the continental route benifited from this. Pigeon racing has been on the slide here so  I cant see north road racing making a comeback in this area. I'd like to see the NFC plan a south programme, but also to have an inland programme set in stone as a back up, and to make these race plans common knowledge well before our birds are placed in the training basket so people can make their own plans/ back up plans.

Yes... and race them 50 miles ...

I believe in all serenity that you should instigate the 'Street Races' again. For it was, and could well be great fun again! Kids and all the family was able to watch and participate. Who knows you might get such an influx of interest - and why not? ! - That your club, and surrounding club would prosper when  races of over 00 miles and channels are allowed again.

Or just dream of what you WANT! Whilst burying realism and refuse to face facts.

If you can't cross the Channel - though I believe we have a good chance- but if you can't then all the sulking, lip pouting like a spoilt brat won't matter a toss... let alone a real race.

Also don't blame the North for being too hard for you to fly, many prefer the easier South route for that reason alone too. Get some birds that can handle it! Stop getting inbred and out cross good stock... bet you would  see the difference straight off. Why may well be that you'd get kicked out from flying South as you had better bird....

I'll take me tongue out now lol.

I, like you Roland, believe  we will probably race south, but if we dont I think it will be a blip and I'm quite prepared to sit it out. South for us is east (or to be more precise, E.N.E. along the south coast to Eastbourne) and then down through the French race points not the easy option you seem to be suggesting.I have raced from north, east and south and won!

I'm not sulking or lip pouting, just trying to build a team for the future......harder than some people will ever know in this neck of the woods. ;)    

True mucker... But you will never put a team together by sitting back and waiting. If your birds can fly 100 miles over the water, then they can fly the same North east west or where ever... and of course 4/500 miles + any direction. But they need testing, and if sent fit and conditioned, then on a decent day you can't lose a good bird by sending it any direction, that's all I'm say really, That it doesn't matter which way or why, as long as...

Regards

Roland