snfc maidstone

frank-123

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have around 5500 in total on the transporter.This is a great entry for the first year lets hope that we can get everyone on board for next year in scotland and we could have up to 8000/9000 birds at this race next year.

I am also aware of some problems at some of the marking stations ets,baskets space but lets look at the good side first year 5500 birds and this will get better with experiance.

Guest TAMMY_1
We have around 5500 in total on the transporter.This is a great entry for the first year lets hope that we can get everyone on board for next year in scotland and we could have up to 8000/9000 birds at this race next year.

I am also aware of some problems at some of the marking stations ets,baskets space but lets look at the good side first year 5500 birds and this will get better with experiance.

How many of the birds are actually in the SNFC race and how many are on the transporter with the other feds ?

At this point i could not say until Andy Garven and his team work it all out.I would say around about the same as the last race from the snfc around 4300 in the snfc and around about 1300 in federation only.This is good for the snfc and also the federations that have used the snfc to ferry the fed birds to Maidstone it means that these feds wont run at a loss in this race this year ie fife,dundee,angus ets.

Lets hope that next year more races more birds for all to fly in the snfc and duplicate in some of the races and also get another race from france.May be that we can get a race from lille same as lanarkshire and also go together this again helping the members.

lets hope lanarkshire join next year

but i still think the snfc should drop one inland national ie newbury

then the snfc should convoy the fed longest race lille

newbury clashes with our 2nd longest race which resulted in a poor turnout for our fed race from biggleswade

tammy what do you think about biggleswade being our open race next season and maidstone and lille going with the snfc

I would like the snfc to have two inland nationals for duplication with federations but move from newbury to another site and keep maidstone.Then have four water races alencon,tours falaise,lille.Then two young bird national races this would give everyone in scotland a race programme that they could go to some of the races that they want to go or all the races.

i just think the S.N.F.C. WAS CAUGHT OUT LAST NIGHT  no fault of thiers, with the number of birds sent lets all hope for a good race and continued success with races of this nature, it can only help the cost of the sport and transportation of birds to longer races as all you here is how much it costs to send birds to these races and how much money the smaller feds LOSE.            GOOD LUCK TO ALL RACING .

SNFC Newbury clashed with and had an affect on our Huntingdon race too ... but I would still keep the 2nd inland national, hopefully convoying our fed next year as it gives us a 2nd race of 300+ miles in the fed race program.

I think there's a lot of scope for joint convoying / merging race programs. Our fed members who are also SNFC members benefited directly - Maidstone birdage was reduced from £1 to 50p per bird.

SNFC 500+ mile race that duplicates into a Fed race is with us already - our Scottish Central Combine Falaise race on 20th July. I think it makes a lot of sense to extend the practice across the board 'across the water' next year.

Guest TAMMY_1
Question;;; will we get a race tomorrow? :-/

NOT LIKE U TO SEND DOOS IF THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE NIGHT IN THE BASKET ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest Greig the doo Drysdale

I sent 13 a 99 hen an 03 hen and 11 yearlings all to maidstone. The 99 hen has scored twice from maidstone already and hopefully this year again as it's her last year she ahs earned her perch and corn. ;D

Guest TAMMY_1
lets hope lanarkshire join next year

but i still think the snfc should drop one inland national ie newbury

then the snfc should convoy the fed longest race lille

newbury clashes with our 2nd longest race which resulted in a poor turnout for our fed race from biggleswade

tammy what do you think about biggleswade being our open race next season and maidstone and lille going with the snfc

well about biggleswade, i am hoping we can get aff the east for a change, look at how the races have been badly affected this year because of mists, and fed and nationals on the same weekend are hopeless,

Guest shadow
I believe all the scottish feds should be racing down the west route as this would avoid a lot of the clashing that we get down the east

send down the west if you want your birds fed to the hawks at least down the east coast they are not too bad at the moment

would it not make sense if you were to switch from east to west to wait until the young bird racing to switch, this would help?.also there are far to many pigeons being lost down the east side and its not all down to the hawks.low flying aircraft is another cause.I for one would welcome us going back down the west,there is as many hawks in the west as there are in the east i am sure. 8)also at the marking station the ets birds were single rubbered why?it took ages for ets compared to the double rubbering for mechanical clocks.

Think we know about the problems affecting East and West routes; mist on the east will clear, hawks on the west won't and the whole route from the SW tip of England right thro the Scottish Borders is bandit country for pigeons.

East coast is a busy corridor and the feds need to get their programs spot on to make it work. 7 feds at same racepoint going different directions isn't on.

Take the point tho about the rubbered ets pigeons, that and the ets clock label are maybe something to change at the next agm? Also the paperwork needs to be simplified. A duplicated snfc / fed pools sheet is needed, to go with the existing duplicated entry sheet.