Hawks

celtic

the trouble with the eagle owl as i pointed out they are very dangerous most sanctuarys do not want them,there to much trouble not many people feel happy looking after them and then theres always the cost of looking after them vets fees etc.

the trouble is ita a offence to release any captive bred bird into the wild without a permit and getting a permitt is like getting to national winners in one nest .

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure someone would notice these birds espeacily if there out walking the dog and theres not the food to sustain them,or even given plenty of food to keep them going they will breed very easily ,

its like saying ho well ive bred some extra pigeons i will drive fifty miles and lose them.or sending them untrained to a race saying well im not bothered if i lose them,

the eagle owls call can be herd for miles booooohhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo

well they are already living in remote parts of britain and not heard of anyone being attacked by them yet ,personally eagle owl  i think you are just doing a bit of scaremongering why dont you let us know who you are and what qualifications you have on eagle owls someone on this site must know you and can speak up and say you have experience of them on your behalf ,untill some one does this my opinion of you is that you are one of the rspb experts who know nothing and talk tripe  so prove me wrong if you can .

sammy not so long ago one was causing chaos in northallerton a captive bred bird attacking people and people with dogs.i can assure you i have been asked on many occasions to help capture captive bred eagle owls which have escaped .

i have a life times experience of eagle owls and birds of prey same as racing pigeons ,i also use my birds for education full time also i run my own raptor centre i also visit schools adults with learning difficulties hospitals hospices at my own expense and in my own time besides racing pigeons.

and as ive already said im no rspb never have been never will be so no more cheap jibes .

sammy not so long ago one was causing chaos in northallerton a captive bred bird attacking people and people with dogs.i can assure you i have been asked on many occasions to help capture captive bred eagle owls which have escaped .

i have a life times experience of eagle owls and birds of prey same as racing pigeons ,i also use my birds for education full time also i run my own raptor centre i also visit schools adults with learning difficulties hospitals hospices at my own expense and in my own time besides racing pigeons.

and as ive already said im no rspb never have been never will be so no more cheap jibes .

aint making any cheap jibes lad ,for keeping pigeons as you say for thirty years you seem more content to educate us on eagle owls in a negative fashion think you should be more postive and put all your experince to work nd help us pigeon fanciers to find the solution to there problems of hawk attacks etc ,i wont be making any more replys to you again as i still think you are one of them rspb clowns

One of the eagle owl articles says eagle owl fossils have been found in Britain, and there's part of a wing bone from one in the British Museum. So was resident here at one time.

thats right bruno ,untill the rspb seen what they diet consisted of then made them all dissapear

aint making any cheap jibes lad ,for keeping pigeons as you say for thirty years you seem more content to educate us on eagle owls in a negative fashion think you should be more postive and put all your experince to work nd help us pigeon fanciers to find the solution to there problems of hawk attacks etc ,i wont be making any more replys to you again as i still think you are one of them rspb clowns

look im not trying to educate anyone on eagle owls or any bird of prey all im saying its stupid to release eagleowls like people where saying .

as for birds been attacked ,ive had birds attacked ,ive had birds return from france with pellets in them ,but i dont go ballistic returning to shoot ever shooter in france ,

yes its sickening when any hawk attacks your pigeons ,ive never seen so many sparrowhawks same as releasing red kites they just isnt enough food resources to sustain them,

i also find it sickening when members send their young birds when there sick,and i listern to the crap they come out with when they lose them all .

firstly its always the convoyer who hasnt watered them

secondly its they must have clashed

thirdly its the hawks

Make your mind up Eagle owl. first 30 years pigeon keeper and 20 years owls... then and I quote 'i have a life times experience of eagle owls and birds of prey same as racing pigeons' so just what is it"! I for one don't see you as genuine sorry, so as such I will endeavour  to ask thoses with Eagle owls where and how to buy them, also if they will breed youngsters etc.

and as for racing pigeons yes im not like most i only race eight w-hood cocks and onlybreed twenty young birds a season .and believe me i look after my pigeons as any fellow club member of mine will tell you ,

Who are the fellow club mates that can vouch for you?

roland try the ibr theres always eagle owls to buy .

you can pick one up for around £100

no i do not breed the eagle owl as theres to many about ,some people will give you them for free ,because they dont want them .

make sure you got a good gauntlet to handle the bird if you get one.

look on pigeonland mate vote for my bird its in fanciers pets its number 10

best w-hood hen i ever had and as won every eye sign show its been entered in have a look and vote for my w-hood hen

cheers

Pere / percy all seem not able to survive canker as  have often posted.

Thought be nice if Ferals suffered from canker ...

And what have ferral pigeons ever done to you?.Alot of ferrals are perfectly healthy unlike some badly run over crowded racing lofts [we all know at least one loft like that],and don't forget either that getting involved with ferral pigeons was how some of us got started.

And what have ferral pigeons ever done to you?.Alot of ferrals are perfectly healthy unlike some badly run over crowded racing lofts [we all know at least one loft like that],and don't forget either that getting involved with ferral pigeons was how some of us got started.

well said .

if many fanciers got their own house in order as above maybe there might be alot more fanciers staying in the sport .

a lot of ferrals are perfectly healthy???????????????????????

how can any serious fancier ever qoute this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is no proof at all,  does any one catch and check them same birds repeatedly???????????     me thinks not......

how long do they live  well this is a qouestion for chris tarrant,

oh not to forget that the bloody things drag the racing world down with rats with wings scenario ,only need to fly to chippy  and back to town hall roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                      not a bloody hard season to win.

a lot of ferrals are perfectly healthy???????????????????????

how can any serious fancier ever qoute this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is no proof at all,  does any one catch and check them same birds repeatedly???????????     me thinks not......

how long do they live  well this is a qouestion for chris tarrant,

oh not to forget that the bloody things drag the racing world down with rats with wings scenario ,only need to fly to chippy  and back to town hall roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                      not a bloody hard season to win.

Have you ever had a ferral pigeon?,shouldn't think you have ever had anything to do with them so how can you comment?.

plenty of feral pigeons in me work ,a lot look really healthy but they are ecceptions to the rule,  a lot of badly reared young birds (RUNTS) that seem to be hawk bait picked them up off the ground full of canker that much that it was choocking them that amongst other diseases ,they are preyed upon by haks ,crows and seagulls and once they have finished the magpies get their bit as well .

is there not a sanctuary for these unwanted birds to go instead of putting them down sounds a waste to me. its a shame that they cant be released in some northern parts of britain which are quite isolated

AYE LIKE WISHAW/MOTHERWELL AREA